Jason and I weren't sure how Luke would react to the beach since he had just barely gotten over his aversion to grass. He surprised us at how he quickly acclimated to his new sandy bathtub. Juliet hated the sand on our last vacation and she was nearly two years old! Luckily she had a change of heart, or maybe it's just that Hawaiian sand is preferable to South Carolinian sand.
The kids decided to commandeer a kayak. They were smart and filled this one with water and sand so no one would rent it and spoil their fun.
One part of our vacations I enjoy is making dinner. Each family takes a turn to make a meal for everyone else. Jason's sisters are notoriously picky eaters but I like to try something new each time. This trip I made Chang's Spicy Chicken from a PF Chang's copycat recipe. I like my version better. We also learned that setting off the smoke alarm while cooking is a good sign that your meal will be delicious.
Spicy Chicken
10 oz Chicken breasts - diced
1/3 C corn starch
a few T veggie oil
1/4 C green onions - diced
1 heaping t chili paste
2t soy sauce
1t garlic
4t sugar mixed with 2T white vinegar
1T corn starch
Toss chicken in 1/3C corn starch and fry in veggie oil. When it is cooked through add all other ingredients to pan and mix until chicken is well coated. Serve with rice. Add pepper flakes if you like it extra spicy.
Having a good snuggle after dinner
If you didn't like your meal Luke and Kenna would be happy to share their m&ms with you
(Previous quote: Princess Bride, Winner: Thayne)
3 comments:
Tommy Boy. Buckle your seat belt. I like how you say the Winn girls are picky eaters. I hope by "Winn Girls" you mean you. Thank ya seh mech for finally posting all of the adventures.
PS the swim skirt looks great! AND. I like that everyone had to get on and guess the quotes within three seconds of them being posted. Looks like I wasn't the only one waiting for a new post.
We tried your spicy chicken tonight. A hit all the way around. Except Ella didn't like the rice we served it with... Thanks!
Post a Comment