Saturday, November 8, 2014

When you love them they drive you crazy because they know they can.

Charlotte is super helpful when it comes to mowing the lawn.

School is finally out!  We had plenty of lost time to make up for because of all those darn snow days.  Adrienne, Juliet and I were invited to see The Lion King on Broadway with Grampa Bruce, Gramma Nancy and some cousins.  We had a great time and a very late night.  Once we got home, Gramma Joyce arrived in Pennsylvania to hang out with us for a week! 

We all love Gramma Joyce and we all agree that she didn't stay nearly long enough.  We made sure she got to see Adri to her first summer violin class and watch all the kids at gymnastics.  We visited Longwood and the RC race track that's near our house.  We caught fireflies in the evenings, had a  birthday pizza party, and played on the slip and slide. 

Of course we also need Gramma story time.

 Our water slide was not the best and, in my opinion, there haven't been any good water slides for home use since the Wet Banana was on the market circa 1986.  But kids usually don't care and once the water slide was done being cool they just had water fights and practiced their handstands.
 







 



 




 
 
Gramma Joyce is always quick to suggest another trip to Rita's
and all these kids are always quick to agree. 



A highlight of our trip to Longwood: nose 'nuggles' with Charlotte.
 
It was a sad day when Gramma had to go but we're hoping to come visit her next year. 
We love you Gramma Joyce! 
 
 
W spent plenty of time doing our regularly scheduled summer activities, which include trips to Gramma Nancy's pool, playing at the park and visits to the museum and library. 
 
 



 Jason and I were lucky enough to be invited to a wedding reception for an adorable gal we've known for a few years.  They provided guests with a chalk board on which to write a witty message to the bride and groom.  Obviously, Jason and I are very particular about what people think of us when we are given the chance to be witty.  I think we nailed it.


 
 
These kids are pretty dang good.  We spent plenty of days just hanging out at home, sleeping in and then playing together for the rest of the day.  They play so well together and can be easily amused by things like cheap pinwheels. 

 

They are also very compliant when it comes to taking pictures. 
Everyone is happy to do what I say - as long as it doesn't take too long.






Superman watching vigilantly over the playground.

 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 One last note, the squirrels in our backyard had been relentlessly eating all my birdseed so I put an old, metal lamp shade on the bird feeder that, somehow, made it impossible for them to get the food.  BUT, then they discovered my tomatoes in the front yard and began ruining those plants until I was dangerously close to buying chocolate ex-lax for them.  Fortunately, I discovered that putting cayenne pepper on each tomato deterred them nicely.  Jason blames me for taming the squirrels in the first place, but I believe that if they were truly tame they would just respect my wishes and stay out of my stuff.
 
 
Quotes:
 
 
Annie:  Someone help Charlotte get her seat belt on.  Nobody likes a dead baby.
Juliet:  Yeah, especially if they turn into a zombie!