Saturday, November 8, 2014

It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

 
Charlotte turned 3 at the very end of July.  She chose to have cereal for dinner because she's classy like that.  She got a fun letter tracing game that has vastly improved her scribbles.



 

 
 
 
 

 
Don't let that adorable face fool you; Charlotte packs a punch.  She came into this world screaming and didn't stop until she was about eighteen months old. 
 

Jason and I have always thought Charlotte was our prettiest baby but she was, for sure, the worst behaved.  She kept me up many a night and, like Juliet, would never take a pacifier.  I'm sure she was just trying to whip me back into shape with all the bouncing and rocking I was doing for her.  And I could never put her down.  I had to cook meals with her strapped to me or I could never get anything done.  If she was asleep I had to set her down carefully and then bounce the bed for a minute so she wouldn't wake up again.


 
Charlotte's middle name is Ann but it used to be Adelle.  I liked the latter better but one night, after I made Jason take my place with the baby, he came back into the bedroom asking if we could change her middle name.  I was tired enough to agree to anything at that point, and also I had vetoed the first name he wanted.  So, after filling out some forms she officially became Charlotte Ann.



Charlotte was my only child to have "mama" as her first word.


 
While they are 4 years apart in age, Charlotte is often compared to Juliet and sometimes referred to as Juliet Jr. That's only as far as looks go though.  Charlotte has a personality all her own.  She can be the most horrible person you've ever met if she's mad or tired, but is the most adorable kid in the world when she's happy.  We often refer to these personalities as Happy Charlotte and Grumpy Charlotte.  She has also made up her own alter ego, known as Grape Girl, for superhero purposes.


I have recently taken on a babysitting job for a friend of mine and occasionally her baby screams.  Charlotte would complain that it made her ears hurt, which was funny because that is exactly what Luke used to say about her.


 
Charlotte did not take pacifiers when she was a baby, nor did she suck her thumb.  Then, when she was about eighteen months old, she suddenly became a thumb sucker.  I have no idea why but she still does it to this day and has the callus on her thumb to prove it.


Currently Charlotte's favorite foods include:  oatmeal, smoothies, grapes, strawberries,
chicken nuggets and 'grilled cheese soup'

 
Charlotte loves puzzles and memory games.  She knows all her letters and their sounds and can tell you what letter most words start with.  She also loves sunglasses

It is hilarious to dress Charlotte up in snow clothes but she is not a fan of playing in the snow.


Besides thumb sucking Charlotte has always had a fetish for bibs and blankies, but only ones with a specific kind of binding.  Nothing silky or fuzzy.  Her favorite thing was to rub the edge of the blankie with one hand while sucking the thumb of her other hand.  I used to think bibs were just the portable version of the blankies for her but she would frequently ask for both . . . and then a second bib.  She no longer wears bibs but still likes to sleep with a blankie.



For some reason Charlotte was my only child who took control of her Halloween costumes earlier than I would have liked.  I think I chose everyone else's costume up until they were 3 or 4.  Charlotte only gave me one year and then reluctantly agreed to be a monkey when she was one.  At two she proclaimed that she was going to be Snow White.  This year she has been saying she is going to be Super Girl, a ghost and a minion.


Our favorite words she uses: actually and probably. 
She can't pronounce either one correctly.  We love it.
 


Charlotte loves her big brother.  She likes to play with him and, because of that, she often prefers his toys to  our more girlish toys.  Once Gramma Nancy brought the kids presents from her vacation.  She brought necklaces for the girls and a pull-back truck for Luke.  Charlotte was not at all interested in the necklace and supremely disappointed that she had not received a truck.  These days she can often be found playing transformers with Luke.
 

 
 
She is smart, loud and hilariously adorable and now she's three! 
Happy birthday Charlotte!
 
 

1 comment: