Juliet was my favorite baby birth because she came about 10 days early. Everyone else was very disappointing after that. Once she was here she was typical in that she didn't like to sleep at night. I found life to be much more difficult when you increase the number of children you have by 100%.
Juliet confused me quite a bit when she was little. I thought I had this baby thing figured out but she proved me wrong. Babies like pacifiers, right? Not Juliet. Babies likes to be rocked to sleep when they're crying right? Nope, Juliet needs her space. She would only ever fall asleep in the car for 90 minutes max and if she was very sleepy her cheeks would get rosy red.
All my girls have blue eyes but Juliet's are a very striking shade.
And with her eyes so big they're bound to be noticed.
Juliet has always been such a happy kid. In situations where other kids tend to be grumpy, Juliet just makes the best of things. And when other kids are having a tough time she will happily sacrifice something she has to help someone else feel better.
Juliet was my favorite kids to potty train. She nearly trained herself in about one week.
I think it helped that she was an early talker.
Juliet learned to talk at a very early age. I can't remember exactly when she started talking but I do remember a specific time when I was impressed with her speaking. It was Christmastime and we were on our way home from shopping. One of her aunts was saying the alphabet and trying to get her to repeat it. She was about 18 months old and she repeated every letter, much to everyone's delight and amazement. Sometimes we like to listen to our old voicemail messages from her because she was just so little to be saying so many things.
Juliet is just a happy kid. It is easy to make her laugh. She is easy to please. Once she and I went birthday shopping and I asked her to choose a present she would like. She chose something that was a little goofy and a lot expensive. I asked if it was all right if we got something else. "Okay!" she chirped. What if we got this other toy? "Okay!" she said excitedly. What if we got a different thing? The answer again, "Okay!" She was so happy to have anything that I often tell her she is like the character in the story that ends in "Sir, with all this manure I just know there is pony in here somewhere and I’m going to find him!”
Juliet was our only baby to have blond hair.
While it's mostly brown now, she still classifies herself as a "dirty blond."
We've always thought Juliet was super smart. Sometimes when Adri asks for help spelling something Jason will refuse to tell her and instead defer to Juliet who, more often than not, gets it right. I was never that great at spelling so I was excited for her to be moved up a level in her spelling homework at school.
It is very easy to make Juliet laugh, a fact that Jason takes advantage of every time she is sad. Once Juliet had a very sore throat. Jason was putting her to bed and did something silly to make her feel better. She started to laugh and then immediately started to cry saying, "It hurts my throat when I laugh." Not a great time to be Juliet.
Juliet's favorite color has always been yellow. Her favorite animal has always been a giraffe. She will always let me put bows in her hair. She always agrees with the clothes I pick out for her. And she ALWAYS likes to be completely goofy with her dad.
Juliet is our only kid with a food allergy. I only found out about it after feeding her pb&j for almost two weeks straight, until she came home with hives. It was only a slight allergy though and she hasn't had any reactions since then. Peanut butter and jam sandwiches remain one of her favorite foods along with broccoli cheese soup, homemade bread and smoothies.
She's a great sister, daughter and friend and now she is SEVEN! Happy birthday, Juliet!













1 comment:
I LOVE JULIET!!!!
Post a Comment