
Happily, January ushered in a new phase of babyhood for Charlotte: sleeping through the night. She sleeps in a pack and play nestled in the back part of our closet; we refer to it as the cubby wubby womb room. I couldn't be more pleased with all the extra sleep I'm getting. Well, I could be more pleased if she would stop spitting up. All the time. Everywhere. While I'm on the subject of her eating, we also gave up nursing this month. I couldn't keep up with her appetite so we switched to formula. I've never nursed a baby for this long so I was rather proud of myself for going six months before having to purchase formula. The only other news with Charlotte is that she still hates the tub. I'm not sure why it bothers her so much but we're working on it.

Yep, she can reach her toes.

Is it just me or does Luke look a little like Justin Beiber in this outfit?
Luke and Juliet are getting along very well during the day while Adri is at school. They get on so well that I am often left out of their games and Juliet complains when Luke has to go down for a nap. They look forward to Wednesdays when we meet a group of friends at the local McDonald's to play on the jungle gym there. Although they refer to it as 'Old McDonald's' or 'Lukie's Donald's' or something like that.

Old enough for the high chair - and the former occupant is a little jealous.

Adrienne continues to enjoy school and is becoming a very good reader and speller. We're trying to keep up with piano practice but some days the girls just need to play. Adri lost her second tooth this month and she has become very excited about how lucrative losing teeth is proving to be.

Things are always a little wacky when Amy and Brinna come to visit
Jason just works and works. He did take time off one evening to go to a 76ers game with some of the guys. We also hosted an all night Axis and Alies party with some friends from the ward. They did not finish the game and at 6am he had to tell them to go home so he could go to work. The game board is currently sitting on top of our tv, waiting to be finished.

As for me, remember all that complaining I did about extra cranberry relish during Thanksgiving? Well, it turns out I REALLY like the stuff so I have continued to churn out large batches of it just for me.
Juliet tries to make her messes appear happy to see me.
I continue in my efforts to clean up our lawn as long as there is no snow on the ground. I forced Jason to rake/clean up the lawn with me two more times this month. We did eventually get some snow so instead of raking I shoveled. The kids all got snow shovels for Christmas so they helped out too. And by 'helped out' I mean the threw snow back onto the places I had just shoveled and then hung their shovels on the light pole next to our driveway.

Mom learned how to French braid this month!

I have also been busy being awesome as the new Beehive teacher in our ward. That is the 12 and 13 year olds for those of you who are unversed in young womens speak. So far I think things are going well, especially since I brought in nail polish the second time I taught. That lesson was legendary. Realistically, my only goal in teaching this class is to be as awesome a teacher as Lori Romney. That being said, I'm not sure she was ever actually a teacher but she was our favorite anyway. It was considered super cool to hang out with her, especially if you were invited to her house/chicken coop for a pizza party. Perhaps one day I'll be hosting pizza parties of my own.

No one takes pictures of me so I do it myself
Lastly, the mailbox got hit again. AGAIN. This time it was only bashed once and the door still functions but the flag broke off. I called the police to make a report this time and if it wasn't so darn cold outside I'd consider waiting out there for those punks with a baseball bat of my own - or at least a camera. For now I'm mostly considering getting a steel mailbox. Just something you could break your arm on. For a few extra bucks maybe I could find one that shoots lasers at teenagers.

Best friends


Luke and Mom share a snack

Don't you love the stupid face I'm making here? So classy.
Quotes
Annie: You can't fool me.
Adrienne: Yes, I can! What does 'fool' mean?
Annie: You're an idiot.
Jason: Who's the idiot? The idiot, or the idiot who married the idiot?
Luke: Look! A Kissmas tree!
Luke: See you next tomorrow!
Juliet: I love you even when you yell at me. Sometimes when you yell at me I think of love.
Juliet: (during evening prayers) Please bless that Mommy will get older and older until she dies.
Luke: I wanna jump in the love sack! I NEED to!
Jason: Adri, I don't know what you're talking about (sarcastic).
Adrienne: Dad, don't be stupid.
(Hmmmm, this one was much funnier in person)
Luke: Mom, will you love me?
Annie: Let's go to McDonald's.
Juliet: My Donalds!
Luke: Lukie's Donalds and JuJu's Donalds! Let's go to Old McDonald's!
Luke: (asking for the music video of I'll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan) Mom, I want to make a man out of you.
Juliet: Sometimes I'm so laughed up that I fall down.
Annie: What pajamas do you guys want?
Adrienne: I want a night gown!
Juliet: I want a yellow night gown!
Luke: I want a night gown! I want Cinderella! (I tried to give him a Cinderella night gown but on second thought he decided against it)
Annie: You're annoying.
Luke: An octopus?
Annie: Yes, an octopus.
Luke: (blowing on hot soup) Mom, can you foof it for me?
(Previous quote: Hercules, Winner: Amy BTW)
5 comments:
I got so laughed up reading the quotes that I almost fell down.
I got so laughed up that I scared the baby :) I always know I can count on some awesome belly laughs courtesy of the Winn family. And you know what else is awesome? The word verification for this comment is a french word...
Aww shucks Annie, you're too kind. Remember that time I brought nail polish for my lesson....?? Oh yeah, I totally never did that. Hopefully your YW are even half as cool as my YW always were. (I lucked out)!
Look at those braids! Lookin real good. Also. You knew you were awesome if you could ride in Lori's car to/from the basketball game and listen to Poe. The pictures of you and Lukey are the best!
I love "sometimes when you yell I think of love"
Post a Comment