Tuesday, July 13, 2010

There's a fella that can't hold his liquor.

We began June with a trip to Longwood with Alixa and Jenna. I spent most of my time trying to keep Luke's head out of the drink.

Hint: I chose my quote based on a character Luke reminds me of while in this position.



Jenna needed no encouragement from her cousin and was soon wet enough to merit a day without clothes.






After baby naps we hopped in the pool where Adri has decided that she can swim with water wings all by herself. Luke would like to swim by himself as well but continues to be saved by mom before he can Superman jump off the steps.

Jason had a birthday. I just read over my planner and found that we did very little to celebrate. The kids and I did buy him a few new shirts for work. I told Adri to help me find some good ones that said 'large' on them. When Jason opened his presents Adri assured him, "You'll look awesome in this one! It says large!"

Luke also had a birthday in June (more on that later). Jason asked me if I was interested in trying to speak only in French to the baby. I tried with Adri but gradually stopped by the time she was about one. This time Jason is going to help me and so far things are going well. Of course Luke isn't speaking any French yet but he has added to his vocabulary and can say 'Adri.' You can often hear him yelling for her at the bottom of the stairs.




Juliet had a fairly predictable life until we moved. On June 15th we moved into Gramma and Grampa's house while they're out of the state. Juliet didn't realize what was going on until she noticed that we hadn't been home for a few days. She was not happy about the idea of living at Gramma's house and claimed the house was "creepy." I asked her what 'creepy' meant and she said 'old.' In protest she also decided that she had forgotten how to be potty trained. This put a little too much stress on Mom so we got some pull-ups and let her decide when she wanted to remember how to use a toilet.

The rest of the move was fine. Nancy and Bruce threw a summer party for all the neighbors just so we could meet everyone. They all seem very nice and there are even some kids to play with Adri and Juliet. The only complaint we had about our new lodging was that the a/c on our level, and ONLY our level, was broken for a week following the move. Jason and I kept reminding each other that we weren't paying rent so it was perfectly acceptable that is was 80 degrees in our bedroom.

Adrienne is getting ready to start school this fall so we checked out a couple of Delaware elementarys. I'm not thrilled that she has to attend a full-day kindergarten but I'm guessing it will be harder on me than it will be on her. She is very excited to start school and based on our visits I'm positive that she'll be just fine. She is also quite attached to Lainey, our new roommate. At one time she claimed that she would like Lainey for a sister instead of Juliet. Juliet didn't seem to mind and also enjoys Lainey's company.



Adri and Lainey

I have finished unpacking for the most part. I am trying to put my camera in a better place so I'll get back into the habit of using it more. I quit my job and said good bye to Hallmark for about the third time. I'm sure we'll meet again. Now I get to hang out with my kids all day plus a bonus of cousin Carolyn and her kids and Jamie and her kid(s). Now my kids always have friends around and so do I. It's amazing what difference it makes to have another grown-up around to talk to/ help with the dishes/ watch your kids. I love it.

Quotes:

Adri: The thing that turns the TV on and off is the mo-can-re-trol.

Adri: (declines candy from a friend) No, I can't have any.
Annie: No, it's okay. You can have some.
Adri: But Mom, I haven't had dinner yet!

Annie: Adri, what time is it?
Adri: What?
Annie: What does the clock say?
Juliet: It says "tick tock!"

Juliet: Cheeky monkeys aren't real. They are pretend.

Juliet: (after getting her toe nails painted) Look at my piggies. They're all yellowed up!

Adri: (on what she would say if she was turning down a proposal)
Annie: Would you say, "Eh, I don't think so."?
Adri: No. I would say no, but we could still be friends.



(Previous Quote: While You Were Sleeping, Winner: Carolyn)

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Back to the future, part 3!

Carolyn said...

I love having roommates, too. It is so nice to have adult conversation on a regular basis!

Cute picture of Lainey and Adri.

BeckyClifford said...

Isn't it Raiders of the Lost Ark?