Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

Luke celebrated his birthday in traditional one-year-old style, with some good ol' cake in the face (hair style courtesy of Uncle Jesse). We enjoyed the evening with family and shared our party with Lainey, who was turning three.






And when there was no more cake he ate presents.

A few days after his birthday a giant box with Luke's name on it arrived on the front porch. I hoisted it inside and found out that it contained an enormous train table from Gramma Nancy. My kids could not be more pleased with Luke's new gift. I have also found a place in my heart for the table as it keeps all of my kids entertained long enough for me to take a shower or eat lunch - two of my favorite things.

Fun facts about my baby: Luke is now a competent walker and an advanced climber. This makes it difficult for me to make lunch without one or both of the girls yelling, "Luke is on the table!" He has recently gained a love of books and can generally get through two or three of them without chewing on the pages. He loves his aunt Kristi's stuffed dog and sleeps with it every night. We are sure he will be a brilliant swimmer since he can practically dog-paddle by himself already - his water wing antics are quite hilarious. He has an innate need to test out any soft thing thrown on the floor by laying on it while sucking his thumb and kicking his legs in the air. He can finally give kisses but is very stingy with them which is a stark contrast to his sisters as this age. He is adorable and loves his mom more than anything. I have always said that 'one is fun' and I am very excited to start age one with Luke.

Here are a few of my favorite videos of Luke:













(Previous Quote: Back to the Future 3, Winner: Stacy)

7 comments:

Ann said...

That 1st slide video cracked me up. Loved your "vas-y" in the 3rd, Adri's singing in the 4th, and Luke's amazing climbing skills! Happy birthday, Luke! Your "new" house looks awesome. What luxury!

Stacy said...

Madeline really enjoyed watching the videos with me. She thinks Luke is hilarious.

BeckyClifford said...

whoops! This one is Raider of the Lost Ark, I think!

Mama Winn said...

Thanks for sharing. I miss all your babies. Luke is getting too big! That bed is HUGE and I don't know how he figured out how to climb up on it!! Love you all.

Kristin said...

Adri. final answer

cat.janer said...

Oh that is a BEAUTIFUL song Adri and Juliet are singing, isn't it? We can do everything in the world, Annie. I love the one where Luke is crawling all over the couch and face-plants it on the pillow. Awes.

Amy-Alisa said...

Yeah, I think it's from Raiders of the Lost Ark too, it's definitely Harrison Ford.
Kate really liked comparing what "Adri's baby" can do to what Toby can or can't do. She also said while watching, "So, that's where Adri lives."