Every day after Adri gets home from school, the kids and I wander down to clean the pool. We then comb the water in our hunt for amphibians. It is my job to scoop up frogs in the pool net. It is Adri and Juliet's job to poke and prod them until they jump away. If the frog is still not convinced that it should leave, Adri will place it in a nice spot far from the pool. If it still doesn't go, Luke is unleashed and by that point all animals understand that it's time to skedaddle.
Our prey is spotted
Kermit, Adrienne and a pioneer girl


Everyone gets a good look
Kids poking a frog
Catch #1
Catch #1 released into the wild
Catch #2
Adri tries her hand at wielding the pool net
Juliet . . . makes weird faces

As a result of his unprecedented whining on this day, Luke was eventually cast out. He seemed to enjoy watching from a distance and I enjoyed watching the girls play with frogs instead of making sure Luke wasn't crawling off the diving board.
(Previous quote: Mean Girls, Winner: Carolyn)
8 comments:
I'm the first one to post!! But I have no idea what the quote is. Lame. But, still. I'm the first one to post!!
I don't know the quote either, but I'm the second to post. And to think that only a few short weeks ago, I didn't know how to post at all.
I just watched this last night. The quote is from The Princess and the Frog.
Watched this yesterday with Julia. It's called "I WANNA WATCH TEE-YANNA!"
It's also called, "what led up to the most racist comment I've ever heard from another human being."
Awkward.
My favorite quote, "For someone who cannot see his feet, you're very light on them!"
Who needs biology when you have a swimming pool in your backyard? Fun, fun. Poor, Luke.
Cute, cute kids. I love the frogs in the pool. Before we built the house on our lot, there was this huge sinkhole in the back yard. Ok, it was actually a low place in the dirt, and every time it rained it would fill with water, so that most of the time there was water in it. It was also full of frogs. We accidentally built the pool right where the frog pond used to be....and the rest is history - or biology, as the case may be.
I love those pics! I feel like the one of Adri holding out the frog should be the equivalent of you, in your overalls, with the yellow baseball bat. Also. I started watching Rocky IV at 1:00AM last night. There's never a wrong time to watch Rocky, Annie.
Dear Sister Kapowski,
Your kids are too cute for words. the end.
Love,
Sister Slater/Sister Bickerstaff
Post a Comment