Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm not a regular mom, I'm a cool mom!

So, Adri started school in September. Other than the occasional plea of, "Can I be absent tomorrow?" things are going quite well. The system has found a way to stop her from stealing milk and now I have to find a way to put money on a lunch card if she wants some. We have already had many school adventures including, but not limited to: missing the bus, the nurse calls me to pick Adri up because she's sick and school was even cancelled once because of rain. Seriously. The Brandywine River flooded and apparently the buses are parked IN the river bed and are unable to function if the water level gets too high. I wish my school had been next to the Brandywine River.


As a result of my having to pull all of my children up and down a giant hill in a wagon twice a day, I am in much better shape now than when the school year started. Adri's bus stop is at the bottom of the hill we live on (if you are in Utah, please picture Swinton Lane. I know, right?) and dragging the kids back and forth has been the most rigorous exercise I've done in . . . a while.

Other than that we spend our days searching for frogs in the swimming pool (we find quite a few), playing in the front yard while Mom picks weeds, trying to make sure everyone get the right amount of naps and, of course, repotty training Juliet. I am VERY pleased to say that she has made a full recovery and it only took about 3 months. Phew. She is now as proficient at going on the potty as she is at rhyming. She loves tell you which words rhyme with each other, no matter how crass it may seem.

Luke cleans up the pantry after I have apparently misplaced everything


Luke is talking a little bit more and will now sing songs that involve ducks saying, "quack, quack, quack" and will "choo choo" his trains all over the kitchen/his train table/your face. He loves his trains and can frequently be seen carrying them all over the house.

JD teaches Luke how to cheer for BYU on an iphone.

Jason is still enjoying school. He has been put in a group of three people who are all supposed to help finish projects together. Thus far Jason has been the most productive person in the group and they all have him to thank for their successful grades.


Jason finally took a turn mowing the lawn. I think he was out there until 8pm.


Also this month, our friends Emma and Josh had a baby boy. His name is Logan.


Aunt Jamie and Uncle JD also had a baby boy. His name is Ethan. His sister is less than thrilled about his arrival/invasion of her space.


Because of the new baby, JD's mom came out to stay for a few weeks. Even his sister came to visit with her daughters. My girls had a great time entertaining them and I had a nice time with all those grown-ups around. We even had a quick visit from Jason's Aunt Jené and her daughter and grandsons. It has been a busy month for the Winn hotel.

Adrienne with JD's neice, Peyton. His sister was nice enough to let them help her make the most delicious apple pie in the world. Can I have that recipe now, Jennifer?


A new flavor of gum Jason was told about. Love it or hate it? Adri is a fan.

Below is the only UNwelcomed guest at the Winn hotel. An army of Chinese beetles chose to invade Delaware this summer. When temperatures dropped, they began to look for sanctuary. Apparently they read this sign and bienvenued themselves into our house and garage. We stationed a vacuum at the front door and sucked up about 50 bugs every day.



Quotes:


Juliet: Mom, I went poop and pee in the potty! Poop and moop rhyme!

Adrienne: (to Jason) There's only one kind of egg I like. Doubled eggs! But you don't know how to make them. Only Mommy does. She's a good baker. She knows how to make everything in the world. Except one thing: reindeers.

Juliet: Where are you going, Mom?
Annie: I have to go buy some clothes.
Juliet: But you already have clothes.

Adrienne: I wish I was a cool mom like you.

Jason: What rhymes with hat?
Juliet: Cat!
Jason: What rhymes with orange?
Julet: Blorange!

Annie: Yeah, your life is so hard.
Juliet: I don't have a life!

Annie: Make a wish!
Juliet: (holding a dandelion) I wish I was a . . . happy . . . smile flower!

Gramma Nancy: Did something exciting happen today? (referring to Jamie's new baby)
Juliet: Yeah! I went on the potty!

Juliet: That's a cute little squirrel. I wish I had a pet kangaroo.

Annie: I don't know what time she's coming.
Adrienne: Just look it up on the internet.

Adrienne: Mom, my friend in school told me that his cousins got eaten by a dinosaur. Serious! I'm not kidding!

Adrienne: You know my friend Jack? Well, he has two baby bears. REAL ones! I'm serious!



(Previous quote: The Music Man, Winner: Loretta)

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Mean Girls, right? You ARE a cool mom, Annie. I love the quotes...your kids are so funny. And I'm very glad to hear that Juliet is re-potty-trained and that Adri is enjoying school for the most part. :)

Flying Chinaman said...

Mean Girls! I win, right?

Emily Holden said...

I love to hear all your updates Annie and see your darling kids. They're getting so big. Sounds like you guys have had a busy and fun month!

Mama Winn said...

Sorry to leave you in charge of running the hotel. You seem to be doing a fabulous job! Your quotes are always my favorite part....except for the pictures....and hearing about the family. I guess I really love all of your blogs.

Hillary said...

Emma just began the goofy rhyming too, her favorite thing to say is "Scott and Snot-THOSE Rhyme!"

Oh, and I HATE those bugs-we find a bunch of them everyday too! Abi likes to pick them up and flush 'em down the toilet-she's braver than I am!

Matt and Kirsten said...

those are the greatest quotes from your kids...I can't wait to have my boy chatting my ear off...he already does, I just don't understand him.

Doodlecraft said...

Oh funny! Those quotes at the end are the best! I love your kiddos!
You are a cool mom!