


Big news at our house: Adri has decided to start using the potty again! We took a break for about a week and then started up again. I borrowed a goofy potty training video from our neighbors (thanks, Sirisha) and Adri loved it. It included songs like “You’re a Super Duper Pooper,” and no, I’m not kidding. Another tactic was that Jason bought some Disney princess stickers and told her that if she could go the whole day without wetting her pants, she could have one. Since she has started to sleep in the bunk bed now, we decided to put the stickers on plywood on the underside of the top bunk so she can see them all the time. She was very excited and quickly earned all of her princess stickers, although she declined to take the Cinderella sticker and told Jason he could have it instead. Lately Cinderella has been a princess outcast and we’re not quite sure why. Adri will ask for all her princess dolls when she goes to bed and then tell me to take Cinderella. The past few days, however, Adri has come to sleep with us in the middle of the night, complaining of a scary souris (mouse). Since Cinderella has sway with mice, we think she might be behind this as a sort of revenge. So I guess just don’t mess with Cinderella. If Disney princesses ever go out of style altogether though, Adri is already becoming a very avid fan of Barbie. As long as she doesn’t ever want a Bratz doll I think that will be fine with me.

Juliet’s new thing is that she hates everyone. Well, Mommy, Daddy and Adri are fine, and you’ll even be okay as long as you look fairly similar to one of us but all the rest of you can forget it. At least if she gets kidnapped it won’t take me long to find her. She is doing her best to start crawling, probably because Mommy and Daddy are in that mean stage where they keep moving things just out of reach so she’ll have to move to get to them. She can go backwards and around in circles and is quickly learning to pull her knees underneath herself. She continues to spit up on most of her clothes and now that I’m feeding her baby foods, the spit up comes in a variety of colors. Hooray. (This is actually an old picture from a Christmas party. Juliet puked on me while I was holding her in the air above my head.)
Jason loves his job more every day. He finally did his presentation he had been working on for so long. I don’t have all the pictures yet but he made a huge puzzle and I helped him cut out a piece and set it up just the way we wanted. The presentation went well and everyone was exteremly impressed. I was happy to have been able to help him and he’s glad that some of the higher ups have a reason to remember his name now. Jason has also started a new diet and I have had to get creative with what we eat. I feel great when I go shopping now because my cart is always full of healthy things. I don’t think we’ve ever eaten more vegetables or fruits in this house.

Things are pretty much the same for me. My data entry job is going well. I love to cook meals for my family and it’s always nice when I can make the meal look beautiful too; plating is very important to me. I bought some fabric to try making a couple of dresses for the girls. I also got the chance to shovel the sidewalks again after our most recent snowfall. If you would like me to shovel your walks as well, please move to Westgate Village (I'm talking to you Richard and Catherine). Mostly I’m just enjoying my family and trying to keep our dirty dishes from taking over our kitchen. Except for my new cold sore, life is pretty freakin' sweet.

Jason and I got to go to a few parties this month. Jason's parents threw a newlywed party for the alumni of the singles branch and invited us to come. We won 3rd place in the game and were very proud. So proud in fact that we invited our married friends over to our house to play again, offering the prize we won at at the last game as a reward for the winner of our game (congratulations Rick and Arielle). We had a great time and vowed to do it again soon.
Gramma Nancy came to visit with my girls and myself and we all took a trip to the mall. I thought we would play in the fountain and buy a pretzel but Nancy just can’t resist baby clothes (or beach towels or DVDs etc), especially when there are grandbabies nearby. Needless to say, we came home with much more than I expected we would. One item, a new Snow White doll, almost got lost during a trip to Ikea. Luckily, I am awesome and ran through the entire store, found it and had to nab it from another kid – which, oddly enought, was almost as easy as taking candy from a baby.
Speaking of babies, my friend Jyoti is pregnant and recently had a baby shower. Once again, I showed my ignorance of Indian parties. I came only with Adri and armed with a gift. The first thing I heard when I opened the door was, "Where are Jason and Juliet?" Then I tried to give Jyoti my gift only to hear her ask, "Is this nessecary?" Isn't it?! Well, Jason and Juliet certainly missed out on quite an event. It seems like about 10 families were there. There were several games and prizes - I even won Bingo. They had more food than you could shake a stick at and even Adri enjoyed herself once she found a Jasmine doll to play with. Living in an apartment isn't my favorite thing but it sure has been fun to make all sorts of new friends around here.

And finally, we had planned to go to a birthday party for one of Jason's high school friends and leave the girls with Jason's mom. Well, Nancy had to go to the orchestra so Jason's sister Loni said she would take over. Then Loni's daughter fell off a bed and broke her collar bone so we were ushered to a friend's house until she could get back from the hospital. Loni didn't make it back until very late so we had to leave our party early so as not to force our children on our unwitting babysitters for too long. So much for having a night out together. Maybe next month.
1 comment:
I can't believe you held still for a picture after having been vomited on! You're my hero!
Post a Comment