Wednesday, August 8, 2012

C'mon, you're gonna stay, you're gonna work.

We started June out with Adrienne's last piano recital of the season.  We worked long and hard on her songs only to find that I had forgotten to replace the batteries in my video camera so I have no evidence of how awesome she did.  She was wonderful and we even convinced Jamie to let Juliet be a guest recitalist.  Juliet happily played what I announced to be "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" but it actually turned out to be "Baa Baa Black Sheep."  Yes, there is a difference.



We tried to reenact the recital but Charlotte insisted on playing a bigger part this time around.




Juliet is close to turning five years old and I had to get her registered for school.  Yikes.  We even chose a back pack with a matching lunch box for her.  When it came in the mail she was so excited that she wore it nearly all day long.  I think it's a good look for her.


This is just one of the pumpkin plants I am experimenting with this season.  I'm not sure if we'll end up with any pumpkins but so far so good. 

Luke is constantly asking to help water them.



This is just how things go at our house. You live here, you work.

And here's what we do when we get too bored:  we paint our nails.  We tried to find some fancy ideas on pinterest and here is what we came up with:


Juliet tried a a few different designs while Luke stuck with the ladybugs.

Charlotte had several firsts this month.  She finally grew her first tooth.  She made her first solo trek up the stairs.  And, most significantly, she got her first hair styling.  Pigtails are so hot right now.


She is also consistently demonstrating her waving abilities and isn't too stingy with her high-fives either.  Below is a high-five.



Up the stairs


While Charlotte is adding teeth to her artillery, Adrienne finally lost her two front teeth.  That second one was a real bugger but after a lot of whining and difficulty eating and more whining she succeeded in yanking it out.  Her reward was gum.  Gum for everyone!  And Luke was the only one who swallowed it.

The process was a little stressful but the end result was worth it.





While I am usually unable to help a friend in need because of all these darn kids, I found a way to help some friends out this month by taking all of their kids while they were either buying a house or gallivanting about at girls camp.


Sometimes we played in the sprinklers or ate watermelons.




Sometimes we had spoon fights.  All in all is was a lot of work but a really good time.

Luke and his best friend, Jason

There was also another trip to Longwood Gardens somewhere in there . . .




Much of my time was spent preparing for our trip to Utah.  Uncle Jesse came over to help me fix my running toilet once I realized fixing it would involve a hack saw.  Luke was more than happy to help.  I worked on the lawn (spreading mulch and digging up more bushes), I called in favors to have people mow my lawn, I stopped the mail, I alerted the police and I handed out keys to the neighbors.  I got everything done I needed to except I failed to turn off the A/C before we left.  Lucky for me the neighbors were more than happy to fix that for me.




The rest of this mess is just some videos I liked:

1) Luke got some new wheels for his birthday and, at my request, took his sister for a ride.
2) David doesn't know his own strength
3) Luke dives






Quotes:

Luke:  Stop talking.
Annie:  You stop talking.
Luke:  I didn't talking.  I was singing A B C D E F G . . . .

Annie:  Hold still, I need to wipe the blood off your nose.
Luke:  No!  I want to keep my blood!

Luke:  I said I wanted pepperoni/a story/oatmeal/ etc!!   (The thing is, it's always the first time he is asking despite how he makes it sound.  This is just the way he starts sentences now)

Luke:  If I am a girl then Adri and me are twins!

Juliet:  Luke, Do you know what 'timmers' means?
Annie:  What does 'timmers' mean?
Juliet:  I made it up and it means to be scary.  Look at us!  We're timmers!

Adrienne:  When I die I wonder if I will be an odd number or an even number? (These are the kind of things I wonder about death, too)

Luke:  You're my special girl.
Annie:  What?!
Luke:  You're my mom girl.

Luke:  Is this a Tyrannosaurus Rex?
Annie:  No, it's a stegosaurus.
Luke:  Yeah, cuz he stegged everybody.

Annie:  What is that?
Luke: A dirty bike (actually a dirt bike).
Annie:  What's that one?
Luke:  A clean bike.

Adrienne:  I know a boy at school named Romeo.  Juliet, you could marry him, but he has really bad hand writing.

Luke:  Mom, I wanna die with you in the water.  (I'm pretty sure he meant 'dive.')

Adrienne:  Everyone wants to save the world and be a firefighter or a policeman.  So I decided I don't want to be someone regular.  I want to be a missionary.
Juliet:  Me, too!

Luke:  I'm gonna eat your arm for breakfast!
Annie:  Nooooo!
Luke:  It's okay, you're my mom.


(Previous quote:  Tangled, Winner: Carolyn)

2 comments:

Emilie said...

Fun update! Suddenly, I know everything about your life. (in a non-creepy way, of course).

The nails? Amazing!

Hillary said...

Love that Juliet has found her Romeo, even if he has bad handwriting :)

Cute pic of Jas and Luke on the stairs, I may have to steal that off your blog. You've been a busy lady this summer, thanks for taking some time to watch my kids for me!!!!!!