Friday, March 9, 2012

You're sick, I'll humor you.


Charlotte is over her fear of the bath. Apparently she is also over her fear of rolling all around the house.


LeVar Burton?

Jason was out of town for a while in February so the kids and I had the van all to ourselves. We went back to our weekly library visits and the occasional museum trip. The kids had a ball with some new dress ups my friend, Emilee, brought over. When I was at a loss for what to do I found that simply changing the location of one of their toys can make it seem more awesome than before. I moved Luke's basketball hoop up to his room and rotated the toys that are allowed upstairs, much to everyone's delight.



Cinderella, Ladybug Guy and Pocahontas



We did encounter some speed bumps. Adrienne got sick one weekend, causing all of us to miss church, and also causing Mom to clean up vomit off of the bathroom floor. She took a few days to recover and then Luke came down sick the next weekend. He didn't ever throw up but he refused to eat pretty much anything for about three days. I had a friend bring over some pedialite when Adri was sick and tried to make Luke drink as much as I could. He remained very whiny and clingy for about four days but recovered nicely and is back to his crazy self.



Adri spends a lot of time on the couch when she's sick. Luke spends a lot of time telling me I need to hold him - ALL THE TIME.



I spent a lot of my spare time reading and embroidering. I stitched another towel for a girl at church and also a burp rag for a friend's baby shower. It wasn't my greatest work but I figure she'll only be using it to wipe spit-up off her shoulder so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Also made some designer bibs out of place mats. I know, right?

Adri and Juliet impressed me the other day with how well they play together. Now that I think about it, it kind of reminds me of my little sister and me. When Adri stayed home from school they played together in the same room all day long. They didn't want to go anywhere, had to be forced to come eat lunch and didn't fight the whole time. Plus they didn't need or want any attention from me. It's an odd feeling when your kids don't even care if you are there to play with them or not. At least Luke still wanted me to play cars with him.

We bundled Charlotte up so we could play outside for a bit.

Adrienne had a grand time pushing her up and down the driveway.

Luke confiscated the stroller while Adri wasn't looking.

Once again, our mailbox got smashed. We didn't replace it after the second incident because we were still able to close the door. The third strike made that impossible so I purchased a much sturdier version that I've seen around our neighborhood. It doesn't shoot lasers but I'm pretty sure it can take more of a beating. I'm still hoping the police will be able to nab the hooligans responsible (yeah, right) and, if not, at least I'm becoming best friends with one of the police officers now that he's been to my house so often.


And one time someone put this hat on the baby. It was pretty great.



The girls found a ladybug in their room one night. Adri insisted that we release it "into the wild" (aka put it on the front porch).




Here is our trip to the Natural History Museum. We met some friends there to maximize the fun.
Ty, Luke and Juliet and some dinosaur bones

Adrienne and Garrett (this is the boy Adri has a crush on. I caught him whispering in her ear that they should move after his little brother sat between them on the bench)

Thanks to Uncle Mitch, Luke is not afraid to snuggle up to a snake. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be scared anyway but I'll let Mitch have this one.


And a good time was had by all.



Juliet is getting to be quite a responsible big sister and even volunteers to buckle Luke into his car seat when we go places. This is very upsetting to Adri when she's around, as she has been the sole car seat buckler for nearly two years (yes, I am that lazy).


Quotes:

Maddie: Juliet, you've go to stop running in circles.
Juliet: I'm not running in circles. I'm running in squares!

Luke: Mom, your hair is curly whirly!

Annie: Apple, peaches, pumpkin pie, who's not ready holler I!
Luke: Pumpkin!

Luke: Where are we going?
Annie: Home Depot.
Luke: Oh, we go to Depot's house?

Luke: This is yummy juice.
Annie: Oh, yeah?
Luke: Yeah, it's really drinky.

Adrienne: Why do people move away from their mom and dad?
Annie: Because they're grown up.
Adrienne: And grown ups don't like their mom and dad?

Luke: Mom, you can do it but I don't can.

Juliet: Mom, I really just like Daddy the best but don't freak out.

Luke: (after his nap) Mom, I get out of my crib all by myself!
Annie: Yea!
Later that evening . . .
Luke: (an hour after bedtime) Mom, I get out of my crib all by myself!
Annie: Uuuhhg.

Juliet: Did she die? (she asks this at the end of most stories)

Annie: What are my five favorite treats?
Adrienne: Jr. Mints. Chocolate ice cream.
Jason: Grasshopper cookies.
Adrienne: A not smashed mailbox.
(In case you were wondering, the other two are turtle brownies and chocolate riesens)

(Previous quote: A Bug's Life, Winner: Scuba Stephanie)

5 comments:

Jamie and JD said...

Princess Bride :) Love your quotes!

TeamDall said...

Princess Bride. I got it two days too late. So your family is so cute. And so are you. And I though of you waiting to ride the Chinese Fireball. The only thing that would make HP world cooler is if it were next to SBTB world with Zack and Slater running the rides!

Flying Chinaman said...

I love that video. First, Luke is shooting baskets into the crib. Then Juliet says "watch how far I can throw it" and shoots an airball. And Adri looks like she's doing ballet when she shoots. Then Luke falls down every time he dunks. Then Juliet falls on Luke. What hijinks!

cat.janer said...

Sometimes I think Adri is just minnie annie. I'll bet she has a phase where the only things she eats will be blts and caramellos. Remember when your room was the play room and we called it "the junk yard". Oh man. So many animal toys everywhere. These are cute pics of everybody-i love ladybug guy.

McKenzie said...

I can't believe how big Charlotte is! And Luke is so cute.