Friday, November 4, 2011

By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

This is a picture of our house. I figured I ought to post at least one picture of it since we've lived here for several months now.




It would appear that Adri was in school for the entire month of October but I'm pretty sure she was home some of the time, even if I don't have any pictures of her. Sorry, Adri.

The weather was pretty mild so Juliet, Luke and I took plenty of walks. I have a good friend who occationally just takes of few of my kids to her house and that has been awesome for everyone involved. We also took a few trips to a local orchard with some friends. The orchard houses a variety of animals, the main attraction being a large pen of goats who wait rather impatiently for you to feed them. We've been to this orchard several times in the past and it's always a hit.


Luke chattin' it up with a goat

Luke then attempts to pull with goat through the fence


We also got to attend a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese - you know, where a kid can be a kid. I got addicted to some Price is Right type game and had to stop myself from using all my kids' tokens. All the kids has a great time and we went home with the best toys that paper tickets can buy!

Best friends, Luke and Dad, play airplane


When we were home, Juliet and I worked on letters and numbers and she has even started to enjoy a good game of Go Fish or Memory (just so you know, the website we use for reading is www.starfall.com and we think it's great). Adrienne has been practicing her piano again and enjoying it very much. She seems to love school and is very proactive about getting her homework done, often finishing a week's worth of work in one sitting. Luke is all about trucks and is often to be found shoving a truck or train in my face and begging me to play with him. If no one will play, he can also be found lining our shoes up in the front room. He is catching onto the idea of nursery at church and will now enter the room without even looking back which is a huge relief for Jason and me.



Love that drool


Charlotte has started to become very adorable. So much so that I like to dress her up just to take some pictures before she grows out of my favorite outfits. While cute, she is a huge pain in church. That seems to be the only place where she will still continually cry. Mostly her screaming days are done and she is very smiley. It seems she has exchanged her screaming for spitting up. While not ideal we have dealt with barfing babies before (example: Pukey Lukey) so at least we know how to handle it. She is sleeping for longer stretches at night now and I've even had a few nights where she has only woken up once.


Dear Stacy, this is the most awesome hat ever.


We have all been a little sick this month. While I even managed to lose my voice for a day, Jason took the cake. He started out with a sore throat that got worse and worse. We visited the Minute Clinic one day(totally NOT worth it), our regular doctor the next day (still no use) and a specialist on the third day. Lucky for us this ear, nose and throat specialist just happened to be an old friend of Jason's so the secretary was happy to make sure we got in when we wanted to. Turns out Jason had fungus growing on his voice box, somewhat akin to thrush in babies. It got so bad that he couldn't swallow without severe pain and was up for two nights for that reason. We were finally able to obtain some anti-fungus meds, steroids and whatever else gets rid of throat monsters. He is feeling much better now and is back to sleeping longer than me at night.


Charlotte learns her first Book of Mormon stories


Once everyone was feeling well enough, Jason took the girls on their first camping trip. He is involved with scouts and had to camp for one of the kids to earn some badges or something. The girls had plenty of friends to run and play with, which was good, but discovered that they didn't like s'mores, which was bad since I had purchased a bag full of s'mores ingredients for the trip - although that seemed to be more of a bonus for Jason since he does like s'mores. Another bonus was that one of the guys they were camping with complained that there were two kittens living on his porch and he wanted to get rid of them and did anyone want to take them home. Jason's sister, Jolie, had been recently complaining that she DIDN'T have any kittens. Jason told Jolie and she happily took the kittens home with her. Lucky for my kids she lives 15 mintues away and those kittens have a lot of loving to look forward to.




I was able to learn a new skill this month and hand-embroidered a towel for a girl in our ward. Several ladies in our ward volunteered to embroider a towel for a young woman who had just turned old enough to go to the temple. It took quite a while but it gave me something to do while I was feeding the baby in the early hours of the morning.



Jason very nearly learned a new skill - using a chainsaw - until I convinced Jesse to just come over and 'help' Jason cut some trees down. That's why you can actually see our house from the street now. They cut down two very lovely but very huge and annoying trees in our front yard. The space now feels much more open, plus tree stumps seem to be lots of fun for kids to play on.


Luke and Juliet lending a hand


Lastly, we were invited to an awesome ward Halloween party at a friend's house. They had all sorts of animals for the kids to play with and we frequently had to make sure Luke didn't squeeze any of the baby chicks to death. We ate chili and chatted with friends while a random grandmother offered to take Charlotte so I could sit and eat. The only downside of the evening was that it got dark/late too soon and I didn't get a chance to take any pictures and then we had to convince the kids to come home. I've got to say I really love our ward and all the great people we live near.



Luke finally masters a cup

We do a lot of dancing these days

Making zucchini bread



Quotes:

Jason: What do you want to eat?
Luke: M&Ms.
Jason: How about toast?
Luke: Yeah, toast.
Jason: Annie, what does Luke like on his toast?
Luke: M&Ms!

Juliet: What's six plus six?
Adrienne: Twelve.
Juliet: What's sick plus sick?
Adrienne: Really sick.

Annie: Yes, you do? Or no, you don't?
Juliet: Yes, I don't!

Jason: Do you stink?
Luke: I do NOT. I am not stinky poo.

Adrienne: How old are you?
Jason: 33.
Adrienne: That's a girl number.
Jason: What's a boy number?
Adrienne? 75.

Jason: Wow, you're a pain. Are you two?
Luke: No, I'm firty one.

Annie: If you quiet down you can have a donut for breakfast.
Adrienne: You mean after breakfast.
Annie: No, FOR breakfast.
Adrienne: But donuts aren't good for us!

Luke: (while I am making zucchini bread) Mom, I wanna crap some eggs.

Annie: Don't you want a jacket?
Adrienne: It's okay, Mom. I can take it.

Luke: Mom, you lookin' good! (because I was actually dressed instead of in my pj's when I got him in the morning)

Juliet: Mom, I had your jacket on the porch then Luke came and took it and put it in a lost place.

Luke: (upon discovering the kitty litter for Aunt Jolie's kittens) Kitty, you like Grape Nuts?

Luke - ends every song with "Oh yeah!"

(Previous quote: Beauty and the Beast, Winner: Alixa)

3 comments:

Alixa said...

Holy crap, I cant believe you hand embroidered that towel. That is insane. Just get a machine to do it! Charlotte is getting to be VERY cute. Im glad she has so many bows to wear on her head. I'm guessing here, but Airplane for the quote?

cat.janer said...

The videos! These are so good! And quotes are always best. Glad you and the ward are having such a suuuper time.

Ann said...

You can crack an egg with one hand! I SO want to be you.