Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ahh, home crap home!


June was our last month to live in the "big house" as my mom calls it. We all spent lots of time in the pool, knowing that this would be our last summer having a pool in our backyard. Jason got to play basketball with Jarom and JD and I really like the differences in the pictures I got. Picture #1: Hero shot:

Picture #2: Cut it out, you guys! I got water in my eye!

I started heading to doctor appointments once a week since my due date was quickly approaching. The nurses were always very sweet considering all the kids I brought to every appointment. They let Juliet help measure my stomach and Luke got to press the button to turn the fetal heart monitor on and off. Thanks to their assistance we were assured that Baby Chairy was healthy week after week.

Even though we had not yet moved, a friend of mine from our new ward asked to throw me a baby shower. I felt a little silly seeing as how this is our last kid and our third girl but she insisted. Stacy is a master of epicurean delights and it was fun to see all the refreshments she brought. I had some other good friends come over for the party and was able to enjoy a night with some great ladies that I don't get to see all the time. Thanks, Stacy!

Adrienne finished up her first year of kindergarten - hopefully her last year of kindergarten, too. The last few days were filled with stupid things like board game day and class party day. So we decided that most of those days would be better spent sleeping in and going to swim in the pool. Besides, it was the extra curricular activities that were the best. She was invited to two bounce house parties that Luke and Juliet were also invited to attend. Luke was terrified but Adri and Juliet had way too much fun and as soon as we left the building they would ask when they could go again. Adri also participated in her second piano recital. This time she played two solos and a duet with her cousin, Alli. They rocked it.

Juliet enjoyed her last month of being the oldest kid at home. Once Adri was out of school the girls seemed to get along much better. I'm not sure why that is but I'm a little apprehensive about how they'll act together once Adri starts first grade. Although I had been told not to worry about it until she turned eight, Jason and I had been working with Juliet on saying her R's. It's the one sound she has had any trouble with. Well, this month she suddenly mastered it! It is bizarre to hear her talk because we're not used to her sounding so grown up and we often confuse her with Adri when talking to her on the phone.

Luke turned two this month. Unfortunately we were in the middle of a great many things and didn't celebrate the way we might have. I'm pretty sure he didn't notice though. We drove to the toy store and got him a 'baskyball' hoop that he seems to enjoy. He continues to keep us entertained with the his antics and the random hilarious things he says.

I think we asked him to go get his shoes and instead he came back yelling, "Bucket head!"

This is a look many of you may be familiar with. This is Luke's grumpy face and will often aim this at you if you attempt a conversation with him and/or you are not his mom or dad.

Jason also celebrated a birthday this month. I'm not sure how old he turned but I'm pretty sure it was over 30. I bought him some fresh crabs for dinner and I'm sure they were delicious in their own weird-looking way. Jason also successfully completed another semester of school looks forward to starting another class after the summer.

Our most exciting news of June is that we moved! Our new house is about 20 minutes away from Gramma's house so we've still got plenty of family nearby. We had help from our friends from Delaware and Pennsylvania - Jarom even drove over from Virginia to lend a hand. The move went very well and we are lucky to have such good friends to come and help us. We did not have internet the first month here and we also had a termite scare the second day after we moved. All has been taken care of though and we are doing well. We have met lots of nice neighbors, both human and animal, bought a new vacuum, bought a new lawn mower, and banished all the kids' toys to the basement so the house stays relatively clutter free. Below is our new pet Nibblet. She is a squirrel who comes to beg us for food. She is not to be confused with Nibbles, the squirrel who comes to steal food from our bird feeder.

Flying Chinaman has quickly made himself at home here and has taken to swinging from the chandeliers.

Quotes:

Luke: Now I need . . . swim in the water.

Jason: Juliet, will you try some crab with me?
Juliet: No, crab is yucky.
Jason: No it's not, it's delicious!
Juliet: Is there chocolate in it?

Juliet: What happens when you die? You kind of get old and then you close your eyes, right?

Juliet: Don't worry, Mom. When Baby Chairy pops out you'll get a new belly button.

Annie: How was your primary lesson?
Juliet: It was great!
Annie: What was it about?
Juliet: It was about your face!

Luke: (saying the prayer) Bless the food, thankful for the food, welcome for the food . . .

Adrienne: Okay, I'll see you at the rock star station.
Annie: Rock start station?
Adrienne: Yeah. I'm a rock star. Rock starts wear necklaces to be fancy.

Jason: (to girls in the tub) Did you guys get washed yet?
Adrienne: We only washed our hair.
Juliet: And our nipples.

Juliet: (first prayer in primary) Thankful that Gramma and Grampa went on a mission. Bless the food. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Annie makes up new movie genre called Science Faction for the movie, hmmm, what was it. . . I'll get back to you on that.

Adrienne: You don't have to be proud of grown ups. They already know how to do stuff.

Annie: What are baby pigs called?
Adrienne: Oinklets!

Annie: Why are you singing like that? You sound crazy.
Juliet: You mean I sound beautiful!

Adrienne: What have you been doing all day?
Annie: Taking care of kids and cleaning the house.
Adrienne: That doesn't sound like fun-you want to be out going to parties!

Adrienne: Mom, this movie is making me cry! (The Land Before Time X, I believe)

Juliet: Were you a little girl when you were a kid?

Luke: O-quay (instead of 'okay')

(Previous quote: Princess Bride, Winner: Ann Summer)

5 comments:

Alixa said...

Money Pit! Love the quotes as always

Josh and Emma said...

Yay an update!! :) Miss you and your adorable kids!

Ann said...

I always get a good belly laugh reading your kids quotes. Congratulations on the new baby, by the way! I can't believe how good and tiny you look full-term. You're beautiful, Darlin'!

cat.janer said...

I have definitely seen that luke face. Aren't you glad you don't have to be pregnant anymore? These babies. I know I say it on every post, but they're so cute!

cat.janer said...

Ps glad you had a sweet shower!