Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Please don't call me by my real name. It destroys the image I'm trying to create.

October was filled with all kinds of Halloweeniness for us. The girl received a package from Gramma filled with Halloween pajamas (there weren't any in Luke's size so she sent Christmas pajamas that will fit him in two years).

Juliet chose only to wear the tutu and a few other carefully selected items



We bought several pumpkins that were painted or carved and displayed. I busied myself sewing Halloween costumes. Adri chose to dress up as Strawberry Shortcake, Juliet would be Custard (Strawberry Shortcake's kitty) and Luke was told he would be Superman. Yes, I realize Jenna went as Wonder Woman but it was totally MY idea to do a baby superhero first. It's okay though, I'm over it.


Pumpkin patch at Longwood


Costumes took up many an evening for me but, once finished, they all looked fabulous. We showed them off at our annual Halloween photo shoot with almost all of the cousins. The kids dressed up to trick or treat at the ward party and at the mall. I coaxed them into costumes one more time for a Halloween party we threw for some friends. We ate and played games and won prizes. I'm pretty sure a good time was had by all.


Juliet tries on her kitty ears and Luke's completed Superman costume



Apart from all that we tried to help Jamie get some sleep since baby Ethan is keeping her up all night. Luke seems to really like the baby which is a welcome change from Juliet's reaction to babies at his age. Adri, of course, loves the baby and is becoming an expert at rocking and shushing him to sleep.


Baby Ethan and Uncle Jason

JD and his new car

Jason was able to finish up his first class at Penn State and has already started a second. Besides work and school keeping him busy during the week he was called to teach Adri's class at church. It may seem an easy task, teaching 4 and 5 year olds, but already he has told me he is ready to hit one of his students on the head with a brick. Based on this I've decided that I will assist him as soon as I finish with my class thus avoiding any "accidents" in his class.


Cutest baby boy ever

Luke and Hailey

Adri, Madison, Alli and David

We also hosted a few family dinners while the twins and their boyfriends were in town. While it looks as though David spent most of his weekend coloring we had lots of fun doing other stuff like eating and hanging out and playing nerts. We were sad to see them go but we hope to see them again next year.

At the end of the month we hurried outside to enjoy the last of the nice weather. The kids had a ball playing in the leaves for the first time - seriously, I don't think Juliet has ever played in the autumn leaves before. Weird. Although Adri missed out on some of the stuff we did because she was in school, she had a great time being "Bobcat of the Week" which is something akin to a week-long show and tell.

Don't be fooled by this kiss; Hailey is still a big bully.






The last thing I remember doing this month was letting Jason talk me into watching Clash of the Titans with him. Ugh. Never have I seen so many special effects produce such an awful product - except maybe for the other movie that guy starred in.

Quotes:
Luke: (all food) Taco!
(anything with wheels) choo, choo!
cow says, "boo"
cat says, "bow" (like 'wow' with a B)
dogs says, "wuh wuh"

Annie: Should we watch The Jungle Book?
Juliet: It's not a jungle book it's a jungle movie.

Adri: (after eating some food before the prayer) Can you bless it in my tummy?

Adri: (during her evening prayers) Bless that everyone can follow my example.

Juliet: Mom, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Annie: Uuuh, I don't know. What are you thinking?
Juliet: I'm thinking that the leaves on that tree are red. That's my hypothesis.

Adri: Don't worry, Mom. Even if I say I love Dad the best it doesn't mean I don't love you.

Annie: (singing) When your heart is filled with love you're nine feet tall!
Juliet: We don't have nine feet! We only have two.

Adri: You look like a real mom. (Phew! I was beginning to think I wasn't fooling anyone)

Juliet: Our nipples don't have any bones.

Adri: (before doing something naughty) Maybe we should stop.
Juliet: Maybe we should look and listen.

Juliet: Don't get by the stinkbug or it will stink on you and then you will be a stinkbug!

(Previous Winner: Ashley -aka the girl who didn't come to my party,
Quote from: Roman Holiday)

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Seriously, those quotes made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe. And I'm not exaggerating, because exaggerating is the WORST THING EVER.

Carolyn said...

I don't know the quote. But I had to leave a comment to tell you how cute your kids are, and how hilarious their quotes are. As always. The quote about The Jungle Book made me laugh, because Lainey always used to say that same thing. I think my favorite quote is where Juliet uses the word hypothesis. Such smart children!

I love reading your blog. :)

Ashley said...

I had better things to do than come to your stinky old party. Like collect the mail, water the plants and feed the fish.

cat.janer said...

The Man Who Knew too Little.

Don't worry. We are only acting!

I love all the pics. I love all the quotes. Jason wants to hit a child on the head with a BRICK. Ahahah. It's pretty good. I like the stop, look and listen quotes. Maybe you should teach your kids about how to keep their minds on the "driving task". And the IPDE process. Identify, predict, decide, execute. Thanks, Coach Hogue. And I love follwing Adri's example. AND. When was the last time you saw Batman and Robin? Because THAT show has the worst special effects of all time, hands down. You won't believe your eyes.

Kristin said...

Juliet said hypothesis?? Wha?? That's amazing. CUTE kids. Luke is a babe and has grown up fast! I miss you. Can we see eachother soon??