Sunday, March 14, 2010

They popped out of the snow! Like daisies!

Storm 2:
So much snow and WIND. It started on Tuesday night and Jason managed to get to work on Wednesday only to be dismissed by 1pm because the snow was not letting up . Other employees were sent to a hotel for the night so they would be able to get to work on Thursday. Jason was still able to get to work Thursday but only because he parked in a Staples parking lot near our apartment (our place is horrible at plowing the parking lot).














This is Jason's car. He did not take it to work that day.



We made an attempt to play in the snow again but Juliet and Luke weren't interested in staying outside for very long. Adri played in the snow for an hour at least and recruited playmates from anyone she spotted coming down the walk.









Adri did her best to rescue her but after losing a boot to the snow Juliet decided she was ready to come inside.





One missing boot.





Adri finally managed to get herself stuck in the snow but it would take more than that to dampen her spirits. My spirits (and pant legs) were quite dampened when I was called over to pull her out of this snow drift.



During this storm I showed the girls that I was just as talented at building forts as Jason. I made a fort that engulfed our entire living room. It consisted of chairs, couch cushions, a tent and a stack of bed sheets. It was awesome.









Because I made such an awesome fort I was forced to play 'dog catcher' all day long. The girls watched a movie where a dog named Puppy Paws is always trying to get away from the dog catcher so it has become a theme in their play. Juliet has gotten to the point where she won't even respond to me unless I call her Puppy Paws. It's the same story with Adri except her puppy name is Bell (she explains, "My name is Bell. A bell that rings.").



While not playing the puppy game Luke has still been drooling like a champ and grown two teeth in the process. He loves to click his tongue all day long and will sometimes repeat simple sounds. His favorite sound to repeat is screaming. We watched The Land Before Time with him the other day and there is a LOT of screaming in that movie. Luke had a ball repeating each and every one of those screams.





Our traditional photo of baby eating his/her first Valentine's card from Gramma Holderness.


Once we were able to get out of the house I got to work and took down all things Valentine's and set up all things Easter. Jason continued to get to work no matter what the weather conditions were and even worked a fair amount of overtime including Saturdays. We missed his company, especially on free pretzel day at the mall, but we always appreciate his hard work.




I took some pictures of Luke smushing his face against our sliding glass door. As I sat on the couch reviewing the pictures he came to snuggle against my leg.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Mulan!

I love all the pictures. Your kids are adorable.

Doodlecraft said...

I love Mulan! And that is a TON of snow!!!! Seriously, it looks like your girls could be buried in a heartbeat! Fun shoveling!
Love you guys!

Stacy said...

Awww. Behbeh-Luke is just so adorable.