Pretty much ever since Luke was born I have called him Pukey-Lukey, which is odd considering I didn't like the name Lucas because it rhymed with mucus. Anyhoo, it wasn't that he was a very pukey baby it was just funny to me. Well, it seems Luke took it to heart and is rivaled only by Juliet (as a baby) in his dedication to making our apartment a grosser place. There are even days (as shown below) when I will ban him from wearing clothes because he has soiled a few too many outfits. He doesn't seem to mind it and we're just hoping he grows out of it before he starts solid foods.

Luke did not get to paint a pumpkin. He was sad either because of this, or that I left him in the jumper too long, or perhaps because he had barfed on all the other bibs in the house and was forced to wear this pink one.
Adri has been offered ballet lessons for Christmas this year and is very excited. She practices her moves every day and often likes to pretend I'm her ballet teacher. I don't really know how to do any of the moves but since most of them have French names I can at least tell her what they mean.
Aside from dancing Adri is also learning to read. I started her out with 'a' and 'the' and she took a real interest in it. We've been to the library to get some level 1 reading books and she's doing really well. Kids never fail to surprise me when they learn to read at this age. I swear I don't remember learning how to read until I was 6!
Gramma and Grampa Holderness came to visit this month. Gramma Holderness has a memory like a steal trap and remembers every great-grandchild's name, age, birthday and possibly the color of their eyes. Adri is fascinated by Gramma Holderness because she has a prosthetic leg. Gramma is very good natured about the whole thing and will happily explain the story to any curious grandchild (that she got sick and her leg wouldn't get better so they had to cut it off or she would have died). Juliet understood the jist of the story and would say to Gramma things like, "You didn't die!" or "You have one big leg and one little leg!" Adri was even more interested and was even invited to help Gramma put her leg on one day which is much cooler than, say, helping Mom empty the dishwasher.
For me the holiday season means that lots of greeting cards are going to get sold. I worked many hours to ensure that the shoppers of Walmart would find as many Thanksgiving and Christmas cards as their hearts could desire. Most of my work was done during the evenings after Jason got home from work so there have been weeks when we haven't seen much of each other. I did use one of my nights off to go to a movie with some friends though. We saw New Moon on it's opening night and were joined there by a sea of raging hormones. Anytime anyone in the movie did anything, EVERYONE screamed like their vampire/werewolf dreams had just come to life. Truely, it was an evening to remember. My friends and I spent the rest of the night in a restaurant making fun of everyone (including ourselves) who had been in the theater that night. It's nice to have a girl's night out every once in a while.

Jarom, Lixi and Skiffington
McKenzie, Nate and baby Kenna
Kristi and Jolie
The kiddie table
Rob made a scavenger hunt for Adri before he left for Utah
Our new family picture - four out of five looking at the camera isn't bad
More thumb sucking . . .
Lookin' so good for church
Happy jump, jump, jumping
Mostly we hang the jumper in the pantry, although it kind of looks like we threw our kid in a pile of garbage.
Juliet and her entourage of animals. This is actually the way she falls asleep every night.


I asked for a snowflake. Jason didn't want anything painted on his face so I smushed my face against his so some of the glitter would rub off. Then he sat and watched the girls play while Luke ate his hat.
He didn't know Luke was eating his hat until just before we left and his hat was saturated with drool. At least he didn't puke on it.
And some quotes to finish off the month:
(Juliet jumps up to scare me)
Annie: Where did you come from? Juliet: A pumpkin!
Jason: Adri, you're awesome!
Adri: As awsome as Mom??
Juliet: I need the baby to be shot.
(we were pretending to give shots at the doctor's office)
Annie: How do you know Mom's a girl?
Adri: Because she has hair.
(apparently too many of the men Adri knows are bald)
Finally, my personal favorite of this month:
Adri: Mom, I love you even though you're grumpy sometimes.
6 comments:
I too used to sleep with an entourage of animals like Juliet. They each had their place in my bed according to their ranking (favorite to least favorite). Then I got married and devin told me they had to go... ;)
I love the quotes at the end. Your kids are so cute.
And Lainey loves to sleep with lots of stuffed animals too - last night it was seven animals and two baby dolls.
It was great to see you guys for Thanksgiving!
I know that quote. It's from the E-Hollywood true story of Britney Spears.
Really great family photo. I laughed out-loud, or should I write "lol" when I read those quotes.
ahahahaha so many good goofy quotes. the baby needs to be shot. ha. don't know the quote. DANG IT.
Love the quotes at the end. It's unbelievable how much Adri looks like you! Also, you and Jas are super hot in the family pic. For reals.
Post a Comment