Thursday, September 17, 2009

Let's go to the zoo. Let's go right now.



Adri and Antonia


At the end of July we found out some old friends would be in town, well technically they would be close to town but willing to drive the rest of the way to come see us. My old roommate Adrienne came with her husband Will and their cute kids, Charlie and Antonia. We, of course, decided to go to Longwood Gardens so the kids could run around and get wet while we chatted and I tried to be as funny as Adrienne is - it's not as easy as it looks.


Juliet, Adri and Charlie



Adri, Charlie and Adri


Adri demonstrating to Juliet how to keep your feet cool

My Adri, who's name we got from the above mentioned roommate, had a great time with Charlie since he is very passive and let her tell him what to do. Juliet had a good time but was a little apprehensive of Will. That evening we all laughed at her as she leaned away from him when he got too close to her high chair. "It's not funny!" she shouted. Yes, Juliet, it was very funny.








Adrienne and Will bought us a pizza that we used for dinner AND a baby shower present. It was delicious and I forgot to send a thank you note. Thanks, you guys!



Almost all the kiddies (Antonia was asleep)


These last pictures are a before and after. I asked Adri to pose with me since we had posed this way together before we were parents. It is to show that we are still as awesome as we were before we had kids. Hey Adri, remember the Titans? They were awesome.



Adrienne Daines and Annie Winn, 2009


Annie Winn and Adrienne Daines, 2004

6 comments:

Jessica Steed said...

This post is so cute. I want to come visit you, too!

My favorite part, however, is the photo of you and Adri in 2004. It's not just the adorable way you're posed, no, it's the fact that Jesus is peeking over your shoulder.

Capital A- Awesome.

Ashley said...

I think you're funny!

Carolyn said...

I love the before and after posing pictures. That is classic! Sounds like a fun visit.

Flying Chinaman said...

Did you know that the punctuation in your first sentence is incorrect?

Justin and Coralie said...

Love the pictures. And I just read like 4-5 posts... I'm not sure where I've been, but your kids are getting big. It looks like y'all have been having fun :)

Kristin said...

Jerry Maguire! What a cool little outing. You look so cute Annie! I miss you!