Thursday, September 17, 2009

But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.


What month of July would be complete without Juliet's birthday? Not this one, that's for sure. I made Jason take the day off work so he could come to Longwood Gardens with us. As anyone who knows Jason can tell you, it's tough to get him to take a brake and just relax so it was a real treat that I was able to convince him to come with us for the day.*




No, Jason did not die and get buried at the gardens, but we did find a flower that was named after him. I'm pretty sure it's this yellow one.





One of Jason's favorite parts about coming to the gardens is that he gets to stick his kids up in this tree. His other favorite part is that I make him a sandwich to bring with us.



I don't think Juliet took off her shades all day long. In fact, most days this summer she kept them on as long as I would let her. Before Luke was born she was a big hit at my doctor's office during my frequent visits.




Luke seemed to enjoy the day about as much as any 1 month old would. Luckily for him, he escaped the obligatory photo of each member of the family sitting on the 'bat chair.' What a shame.








Juliet managed to show off her little potty-trained behind several times. It's so nice to see cute underpants hanging out of her dress in lieu of a soggy diaper.



Juliet running down the ramp


Adri running down the ramp

Jason . . . checking his texts . . . down the ramp


We invited Jarom and Alixa over for dinner plus the Ahlmers when I ran into them at Toys R Us (no, I didn't buy Juliet's present until just before her party. Calm down, she's two and doesn't care). I bought her a giant plush kangaroo that I thought would be a big hit but, like I said, she's two and didn't seem to care that Adri confiscated it for the rest of the night.


We ate pizza and a kind of deformed Care Bear cake that I made.






Huffing and puffing . . .




It's just easier to eat cake with no clothes on.


*Anyone who knows Jason will really tell you that it's no small feat to get him NOT to take vacations to play with his kids. I think that's why he's such a fun dad.

7 comments:

Doodlecraft said...

That is super fun! What a cool bat chair...I want one! And we had a care bear cake for Hailee's 3rd birthday! Love it!

Jen said...

Juliet is so cute with those glasses on! Love it. And the care bear cake rocks!

The Boys Rule said...

Bravo on the cake Annie, however, do you realize that the number of candles on the cake is supposed to represent the age of the birthday girl? Just checking. :-)

Matt and Kirsten said...

that cake puts to shame any cake I have ever made, and will ever make. I will just give up now! Cute girl!r

Flying Chinaman said...

That quote is from "Moulin Rouge". It's the part where Leonardo DiCaprio saves Nicole Kidman from the horse stampede.

cat.janer said...

The quoth is from R&J. Such cute babes. Such a good giraffe-print dress. Such a good Jason checking hes texts down the ramp. And such a good CAKE! You are Cullinaire Extraordinaire! How the crap do you spell that?

Kristin said...

Romeo and Juliet! I choose the Baz Luhrman version of course. SO, that cake is my childhood dream cake. Are you living vicariously through your daughter, or is it just me that is? Also, what the crap! My sis's blog is on your blog list, but mine is not. UNACCEPTABLE!!