Sunday, July 26, 2009

That's a spicy meatball!

After taking the summer off I've decided to start blogging again. Plus, I know many of you are desperate to win a prize from my game - especially now that you understand what it's all about (Kirsten). This entry and the next one are about June.

There were surprisingly few pictures from June but don't let that fool you into thinking we did not have an awesome month. We totally DID have an awesome month. Jarom and Alixa were visiting all summer long while Jarom had an internship in Delaware. This left Alixa free to be pregnant and not have a job which in turn left her plenty of time to hang out with me. We took my girls and our giant bellies to Longwood Gardens a few different times. Adri made sure both Jarom and Alixa got to visit our favorite puppy store. We even took Alixa on her first trip to IKEA which turned out to be everything she dreamed it would be, probably. We pretty much just found any excuse we could to hang out with them both before they left. Alixa was even nice enough to swap due dates with me so I could have my baby five days early and my self-sacrificing sister-in-law would her baby five days late. I don't think she complained about it even once (and by that I mean she never stopped complaining about it. Ever. In fact she'll probably start complaining about it again once she reads this).

I did a lot of babysitting for different friends since my house is on the way to the hospital/dr.'s office and since several of my friends were in some state of being pregnant. It was nice to feel so useful for a while, especially since having a baby makes me not useful at all for about two months.

Okay here's the first set of pictures. I'm pretty sure these pictures are in random order but I'm also pretty sure that none of you will care.



We took the girls over to a dinner at the Slaugh's house one night. I was bold enough to announce that it would be my last public appearance before having my baby. Sadly, I had to eat my words when I attended Alixa's baby shower the next week because I was still pregnant.

Juliet had fun with Lindsay, jumping on the trampoline and eating brownies with Jarom. Adri, well, once she finds other kids we usually don't see her again until the end of the night. I'm sure she had a lovely time too.











About a week before the baby was born Jason's friends at work were nice enough to throw him a baby shower/birthday party (thanks Mandeep!). We spent the day chasing the kids through the bounce houses, playing video games and eating cake . . . lots and lots of cake.



Adri found a new friend in Jason's co-worker Halyna. Fortunately for us she was thrilled with the prospect of playing in a bounce house with Adri for 45 minutes.


Juliet missed her nap and ended up passing out on a bench to signal to us that she had had enough fun and it was time to go home.


Jason joined the girls in the bounce house for a while to help Juliet get the hang of it.


Of course, as soon as we got home both girls were awake and ready to play again. There was a huge thunder storm going on so we stood on the balcony and watched.



On Jason's birthday we invited Jarom and Alixa to come hang out with us (again). We went to On The Border for dinner then borrowed Rock Star from some friends so we could jam all night long. We like hanging out with Jarom and Alixa because we don't have to do much to entertain them and we always have a good time.

For Jason's birthday I bought him some specialty spices because he's always complaining that his food isn't spicy enough. While I was ordering I did some flirting with the guy on the phone and scored Jason a few more spices for free (and by flirting I mean I told him his website wouldn't let me order there so he felt bad and gave me free stuff). So far he likes the habanero pepper flakes the best. I think we might have to start buying those in bulk.




Thank you, Becky and Curtis!



4 comments:

BeckyClifford said...

I'm going with The Mask on this one.
Thanks for introducing me to Oprah, she and I get along famously!

GREAT pictures!
~Becky

cat.janer said...

Dear Annie,

We are all in SUCH great shape!
I love the pics. I miss Jason. And you and the babies. You guys should come out here for Frightmares. Scary scary witch on the Terror Ride is waiting for you. PS did you send me a bunch of tourist info about Kansas and Oregon? Because if you did, well played.

Matt and Kirsten said...

very cute post and you are quite funny if I do say so myself, but I didn't get how I am supposed to win a prize - did I miss something?

Kristin said...

I am totally in love with that pic of you and Adri with the sucker. So cute! And your life is very exciting. THE MASK! Isn't it also Lady and the Tramp?