Sunday, May 17, 2009

Harold is allergic to every type of bee.

Just as a reminder to anyone who pays attention to this sort of thing, I still haven't had any guesses made on the quote from my last post. You should totally guess. The prizes are fabulous, just ask the previous winners (Jeneanne, Ashley, Lori, Lori again, Cat, Amy Jo).




This post is just to finish off what happened in April, which wasn't that much. Mostly, as evidenced by the photos, we just did some hanging out at Longwood Gardens. The warmer weather makes for some great opportunities for splashing in the water. We also saw every kind of daffodil known to man. Those things do NOT mess around in the spring. They get their blooming done in a hurry and then go back to sleep. Which is a real shame because they look awesome.








Juliet's favorite part of the gardens is going up and down the stairs


While the girls are having a great time running around in the heat, I am getting slower and slower as I waddle after them. My last appointment at the doctor revealed that I weight more than I've ever weighed in my whole life. This is all fine and dandy since I'm pregnant but I still have quite a ways to go and I'm not that keen on gaining too much more. Jason has to use his hand as a spatula to get me out of the car as it is. Lucky for me he also tells Adri to take good care of Juliet and me while he's is at work and Adri usually takes her job very seriously. Once I plopped down on my bed and accidentally started to take a nap. Adri ushered Juliet into my room, shut the door and kept herself and her sister entertained until I was inclined to wake up and do my job. Good work, Adri.

Other than doing my job for me, Adri is doing well and will sometimes practice some preschool activities with me. We like to get out a cookie sheet, cover it with colored sprinkles and practice writing letters. She is improving all the time but getting her to do it is like pulling teeth. She would much rather be reading Zoobooks or playing with her toys that are all over the living room floor.
This is supposed to be an A with a moustache

Juliet is still talking up a storm and manages to find a way to crack us up every day. Like when she was screaming and I asked her what she wanted. "Bites," she replied (meaning something to eat). "What kind of bites?" I asked. "Red." Still not quite sure what that one means. She is also very enthusiastic about complaining to us when she 'bonks' herself. "I bonked my finger/head/eye!" The list goes on and on and she needs a kiss for every bonked body part. And when she's not quite sure what she bonked, she'll complain about what she bonked it on. Like when she told me with tears in her eyes that she had bonked her toothbrush. I declined to kiss the toothbrush better.

On Easter Sunday she colored a picture of the Easter bunny in nursery. The first thing she said as she came out the door waving her picture at me was, "It's the Easter bunny! It's for Daddy!" Not me of course. She loves that Daddy. Jason loves me though and sometimes I even catch him spying on me while I'm teaching Adri's sunbeams class. He says he always hopes someone will come by to ask what he's doing so he can tell them he just has a crush on the teacher.


At Gramma Nancy's house our favorite thing to do is feed the kitty

Okay, one more Juliet quote and then I'm done. She loves Adri to death and is sometimes distressed if Adri is not in her room when she wakes up. One morning at about 6am I heard Juliet yelling, "Adri! Adri! Where are you?!" Adri rolled over and called back, "I'm right here! Be quiet." Satisfied, Juliet went back to sleep and didn't wake up again until 8.

To end, here is Juliet kissing and trying to hold her cousin Taya. This is a big jump in their relationship since Juliet used to be terrified of all babies.




9 comments:

cat.janer said...

Sleepless in Seattle. BAM. How's that for quotes? I'm going to be sitting pretty on these prizes, sister. SITTING PRETTY. I know you are going to be busy being "in labor" when I get to your house, but I hope I can make a visit to the Longwood Gardens.

Justin and Coralie said...

I can't believe how big they are! They are so cute! That's hilarious about Juliet... and awesome that Adri takes such good care of her. Post some pregnancy pictures too. Are you so excited for baby #3?

Caitlin said...

So cute! They are growing up so fast.

And good luck with the next one! I hope things go well!

Ruth Done said...

Don't you just love when their liitle personalities start to come out. Your girls are so cute. I am so bad at movie quotes, but I'll try next time.

Haiku Amy said...

Shoot, I knew it was Sleepless in Seattle, before I read the other comments. I am proud I actually knew that.

Matt and Kirsten said...

So Lori, is the prize really worth it? Doesn't matter, I don't have a clue what the quote is from anyway. What a beautiful garden, and I agree your girls are so cute!

Kristin said...

sleepless in seattle!

Kristin said...

Ha ha! Use his hand as a spatula-- I like it. I can't believe how much Adri looks like you now!

BeckyClifford said...

Mom told me it was Sleepless in Seattle! Do you do bonus prizes for old aunties who rarely watch movies?