Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Darling is expecting a wee bern . . .

To think, just the month before I had been complaining that I didn't have enough to do. October threw that complaint right back in my face. This is the start of Hallmark's busy season so I have been working rather long hours (4-7 hours a day is long for me). We put up the Halloween cards then pulled down all the summer cards and put up the Thanksgiving cards. Then, after Halloween, we took down all the Halloween cards and put up more Thanksgiving and Christmas cards. It takes a lot longer to do than those sentences make it sound. Plus I spent about 6 hours scanning the bar codes of every item that didn't sell and either boxed it up to send back to Hallmark or threw it out. While my job isn't exactly intellectually stimulating, we were happy to have the extra money though and it's always nice to be able to contribute monetarily to the family.

I also contributed in other ways to our family. I made a new member for our family (Jason helped). We are very excited and are expecting our new arrival before June 25th. I am actually due on the 25th but my uterus usually cooks on the high setting and finishes a little early. For those of you who thought I was pregnant before now I think that was just a rumor Adrienne started. We had talked about other people who have babies in their tummies right now and so she just added me to the list and told me the baby in my tummy is named Lollypops. So that's what we're calling the baby for now.




Since becoming pregnant I have ceased to function as food-maker, laundry doer, dish washer, or someone who doesn't want to sleep/eat all the time. Fortunately for me Jason has happily taken over, becoming known as Mr. Mom, or Super Dad or The Maid. He does all the laundry, cleans up any dish messes I leave for him during the week, makes his own food, and lets me nap whenever I want when he is home. My functionality has improved in the last week or so but it was major a relief to have such a great guy around to pick up the slack.

Before my downfall, I was able to make a lovely breakfast for Jason's team at work. I made some fantastic blueberry scones. It was the first time I have ever used lemon zest and I LOVE it. It smells so dang good I just might put some in my underwear drawer.

Besides bringing delicious things for his co-workers to eat, Jason continues to dazzle his superiors with whatever the heck it is that he does. We're still not sure which direction he wants to take in his career but we're pretty sure we'll be living around here for quite a while (sorry Mom and Dad).


The girls are cute as buttons and growing like weeds (button weeds, I guess). Adri is getting more brave and can be left by herself during her storytime. She even let me leave her at the daycare at our grocery store while Juliet and I shopped. It was strange not to have her with me but I guess I'll have to start getting used to that sooner or later. Juliet went in for her latest check up and is in the 25th percentile for weight. That's right, she's not as chubby as we thought. It's just that everyone looks big when compared to Adri. She is also ahead of her age group in verbal skillz, a great compliment for the ego of any parent. She repeats lots of things we say which can be surprising and hilarious. I can't think of any good examples now, but I'm sure there will be plenty in future posts.

One day I took the girls to Longwood Gardens for their giant pumpkin contest. The girls weren't too interested in the giant pumpkins though. Adri was more excited about getting her face painted, while Juliet just wanted to find a pumpkin small enough for her to pick up. It was a long day but lots of fun. I got Adri a donut on the way home but before she was half way done both girls had fallen asleep. I always take that as a sign that we've had a good day.



She may not look it but Adri thinks this is the best thing ever





Juliet wasn't quite as thrilled



and tried to wipe it off as soon as she realized what had happened to her face






Watching Thomas the train chug by



Apparently Thomas isn't as cool as she thought







We still take time to go on walks and the girls now love to crunch the leaves outside. Juliet is getting more brave at the pet store and will now pet the puppies if I'm not too far away. We even carved a pumpkin a day or so before Halloween. Being the awesome mom that I am, I took no pictures of the event. Maybe because my hands we covered in pumpkin slime and Jason wasn't home yet. Unfortunately, I didn't even take pictures of the numerous trick-or-treating events we participated in. Shameful, I know. On the bright side we did get our formal Halloween pictures taken again this year and they turned out great. Well, sort of. Juliet just doesn't like to smile for strangers.





Tinkerbell




Snow White

10 comments:

Ann said...

Yes! I'm the first to wish you a hearty congratulations on #3! Congratulations, and a Happy New Year!

Justin and Coralie said...

I love their costumes... and CONGRATULATIONS! That's so exciting that baby #3 is on the way. I hope you get feeling better soon... but while you're not feeling so great, let Jason keep taking good care of you. That's what he's there for :) Congrats!

Stacy said...

That's quite the man you've got there...I didn't get to slack at all when I was pregnant :( Congrats on number 3!

Juliet's pigtails are fabulous, btw.

:)

scott and tara said...

Congrats Kelly!!! Your girls are so adorable. I loved their costumes and the face painting was super cute. I hope keep feeling better! If you need a pick me up you can always watch old episodes of SBTB!!!
Lisa aka Tara

Ashley said...

Lemon zester, eh? I laughed out loud. Almost as much fun as a garlic press!!

Jessica Steed said...

I am so happy for you!
Congratulations.

Miranda said...

Congradulations! We are so happy for you. I feel for your lack of functionality. Like I always say, mom's should have a get out of sick card...and that even counts for pregnancy. Maybe an energy card too...come on...we deserve it.

Gage said...

Congrats!! 3 is definitely an adjustment so enjoy only having 2 while you can (maybe that's because my 3rd is only a month old). I'm so excited for you though. Congrats again!!
Love,
Krista (stapp)

cat.janer said...

I just realized where the title of this entry is from. A Wee Bern. Mom wants you to call her and tell her how much you liked the Flying China Man Surprise. So get on that!

Weir Family said...

Annie, CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting, probably not something you want to hear when you're first pregnant, but I am so excited for you ! 3 is really so much fun, and actually not as hard as the second. Good luck with everything!