Saturday, June 14, 2008

Late again




Our month was pretty laid back and we enjoyed it by watching The Golden Compass, playing at the park, swimming in Nancy’s pool and calling the exterminator to get rid of the hairy centipedes I found in our bathroom. We also helped cousin Madison celebrate her third birthday and it freaked us out a little to realize how close Adrienne is to turning three. She is showing signs of getting older as she helps more around the house, uses correct grammar, goes to the bathroom all by herself and has recently learned how to use an inner tube so she can swim in the pool without assistance.








Juliet is almost one now and it is surprising to me how different she and Adri are. She doesn’t babble the way Adri did and she seems quite content with crawling - she’ll just buckle her knees if you try to make her walk. Like Adri though, she is very good at climbing the stairs and has grown two adorable teeth (shown below but you can hardly see them at all).






She LOVES to swim and she still doesn’t like anyone to hold her except for Dad and Mom but Nancy still insisted that the girls spend a day at Gramma’s house without me around. I had the day all to myself and still didn't get everything done that I wanted to.
I was told that they both did well and Adri had the time of her life playing with the old Barbies the Jolene and Kristi used to play with (most of these Barbies have white-blond hair, huge earrings, bright lipstick and are naked. And if they aren’t naked they only have an array of early 90s styles to choose from). She loved them so much that when Nancy presented her with a new Barbie complete with butterfly wings, Adri merely looked disappointed and said, “I don’t want that Barbie!”



On a different day I took a night off from the girls and spent some time with my other mommy friends. We left our kids at home and spent one glorious evening chatting and making pizzas. The sad news is that we only lasted about 3 hours before we were all yawning and claiming we had to go home. The good news is that we all intend to get together again soon. (Pictured below: Sheena, Arielle, Becky, Robyn, Annie, and Ali - it's a terrible picture but it was with a timer on my old camera)



At the end of May we took a trip to Utah to visit my family for a week. I'll write about it in a subsequent post but I would like to appologize to all the friends we didn't get to visit. I didn't tell a lot of people we were coming because it would be too hard to visit everyone - as evidenced by my last trip to Utah. We only visited friends who lived close to my mom's house and, if they didn't, we made them come to us. It worked out for the best and I hope to see more of my friends the next time I'm out.


One final note: I met a girl at Jason's mom's house who looks almost exactly like my sister. It took me a few seconds to realize it was not actually her. Her name is Heather and she was gracious enough to pose for a picture with me and even became friends with Cat on Facebook. Even though it's not really her it was nice to think for a second that my sister had come out to visit.


P.S. Cat, how come you never come out to visit??

3 comments:

Jessica Steed said...

Cute pics!
I love that you have so much text in your posts.
You shouldn't hold yourself to some crazy artificial deadline, though.
Your posts are never "late" to me!
The only time I want to see a post titled "Late Again" is when you're pregnant.
(your girls are growing so fast! We need to meet up in UT, are you going out there this summer?(

Ann said...

I LOVE the picture of Juliet with her gum smile!

Adrienne said...

That is freakishly incontrovertible evidence that everyone has a bizarro twin out there somewhere...

And hey, isn't it great that I finally discovered that it's possible to make comments to other people's blog posts?!