Monday, June 30, 2008

Recovery

It has taken us quite a while to recover from our trip to Utah but I finally have all the laundry (dirty AND clean) off the living room floor. I made up for the clean living room by making a mess in the kitchen while mixing new batches of salsa, cooking zucchini bread and baking salt dough. For Father's Day I had the girls smoosh a handprint into a blob of salt dough so I could bake it and paint it for Jason's present. We let him sleep in until 10 so we had plenty of time to accomplish our task. They didn't turn out too bad but Juliet sure did NOT like the feel of the dough between her fingers and it was difficult to get a good print from her. Jason thought they were great and to this day still claims he will bring them to work with him.




My big accomplishment for this month is that I got a second job. Okay, my first job is only a few hours a week so it's not really a big deal but I'm still excited. I am now working as The Hallmark Girl in a Walmart near our apartment. Some of you may know me as The Hallmark Girl from the BYU bookstore or the MTC bookstore or the Mervyn's at the Provo mall. Although that never was my official title, that is what many people knew me as during my college years. I am happy to start using my old title again and also replenish my supply of free greeting cards. I only work twice a week and Jason's mom is nice enough to babysit for me.


Behold, my kingdom . . .

Okay, my Hallmark section looks nothing like this. Good thing too because I'm not too fond of blowing up balloons.



Jason and I also had a visit to the dentist. This is the first time we've had two babies there with us so it was interesting. Juliet was grumpy but stayed in the waiting room with one parent. Adri got restless after my exam and decided to join Jason for his exam. She made sure he was comfortable the whole time. She was a little confused about the model teeth. "Where's her face? And her head?" she wondered aloud. Where is her face indeed!



A fun fact about our dentist is that they happen to live in our apartment complex and Adri happens to be friends with his daughter. Another fun fact is that their daughter is too big for her bike and is getting a new one for her birthday, so they decided to give the old one to Adri. She likes it just fine but is still getting used to being coordinated enough to push the pedals.







Juliet is now 11 months old. It's hard to believe she's almost one. She doesn't seem to have any interest in walking but has become an expert at crawling backwards down the stairs. She was sick for a few days this month with a fairly high fever. Now normally we would not be happy with situation, however this time Jason and I were quite please with the results of this sickness. You see, Juliet is NOT a cuddly baby. She likes to be held but doesn't want to be snuggled and is mostly always on the move. While she was sick this all changed. All she wanted to do was snuggle and just chill out on someone's lap. Jason and I soaked up every minute of this and, while we were happy when her temperature got lower than 103 degrees, we were sad to see the end of our snuggly baby.







Most of the rest of the month the girls and I just hang out all day. We go to the pool, visit Gramma Nancy or go to the cookie store (Sam's Club) to get a free cookie along with whatever else they happen to be handing out that day. With birthday season coming up, we also like to stop at any store that sells Barbies. I have asked Adri which one she wants for her birthday and she always chooses the "get married Barbie." Any Barbie in a white dress will do. She is very excited about her big day and even stops other small children to tell them about it. "Hi, I'm Adrienne. It's almost my birthday. I'm almost three. I'm getting bigger." When asked how big she is the answer is usually "about three hours." I'm not sure what that means but she says that I am "three big hours."



Although she is three hours big, she was not big enough to finish Jason's birthday sucker and stopped eating after only a few bites.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Your girls are so cute! I love the handprints in the dough. I'm impressed that Juliet is an expert at crawling backwards down stairs. Lainey has yet to master that!

cat.janer said...

What day is today? Today is Fathers Day! What day is today? Today is Fathers Day.

Ahahahah where is her face/head is RIGHT! That's funny. I like it.

The Boys Rule said...

Uh, yeah. Annie Winn, I could have done some very cool handprints like those while you were here. Next time!

TeamDall said...

Hey! I haven't looked at your blog for a while and I'm repenting now. Those are some funny posts. You crack me up. I'm glad you've recovered from your trip:)