September began with a surprise birthday party for Gramma Nancy. We were able to introduce baby Juliet to all our visiting relatives and they were able to confirm what we already knew: she is a very cute baby. We had a great weekend with all the visiting family and Gramma’s surprise party went off without a hitch. The weekend after the party cousins, Kenny and Katie (and all their kids), were able to come visit us from DC and we spent another weekend playing in the pool.
When everyone left, and I was home with the girls again, Jason decided that maybe we should get a mini van to help us haul our babies around and give me a chance to get out of the house while Jason is at work. I thought that was a great idea so we went to the dealership and they let us take a van home to test drive for the day. I don’t know why people are so hesitant to become mini van people. I LOVED it! Unfortunately, our budget will not allow us to get another vehicle at this time, but when it does . . . give me a mini van or give me death!
While we can’t get a new car, we can still use other people for their cars. Gramma Nancy is always willing to give us a ride if we really need one. She also insisted that we go on a group date with Loni and Jesse and some other friends of ours. Meanwhile Gramma stayed home to baby sit the five little girls who were left behind. We enjoyed a nice dinner at Olive Garden then went to see the Bourne Ultimatum, during which I barely avoided leaving my dinner all over the theater floor. I think the camera was set on a paint shaker while they were filming and I did not care for it.
We were very lucky that date night was Gramma’s treat because a few days later Jason found out someone had gotten a hold of his ATM card number and spent $1,300 . . . in Italy. If it was you, please stop spending our money in Italy or any other country for that matter. Things are getting straightened out and now Jason can concentrate on more important things, like playing Axis and Allies with his friends until very late at night.
Adri and her friend, Adheera.
Adri just keeps getting smarter every day. She’s still working on potty training but is getting better with letters and colors and makes sure to point them out to us wherever we go. She finally said her first French sentence this month, “Touche pas!” (telling Juliet not to touch something.) I guess it’s better than “mine, mine mine!” She is still very nice to the baby and makes sure everyone else is gentle too. In church the other day we sang, “Put your shoulder to the wheel, push along,” to which she responded, “No push!” She loves going to church and, more importantly, wearing her church shoes. She wanted to wear them all the time so we finally bought her some sparkly pink shoes she can wear every day instead. She gets compliments on them wherever we go.
The old baby.
The new baby.
Juliet chooses what she wears by puking on her outfit if I have chosen the wrong one. There are days when I chose the wrong outfit three or four times in a row. Usually when that happens I just surrender and declare it a naked baby day. This must be just hilarious for Juliet as she has started smiling all the time and it’s hard to be mad at a baby for barfing all over you when she gives you a big, goofy grin after she’s done. She is obviously keeping a lot of her food down because she is turning into a chunky little baby. We are already making bets for when she will be as big as Adri. Until that day comes, we’ll just be happy that she’s small enough for other kids to hold her. We don’t usually pass her around to other kids but she sure does a great job of taming our primary class since they all want a turn with the baby – which is weird since they’re all 10 year old boys.
My days are more action packed than ever. I make meals and try to keep babies clean and clothed and, if I can, get myself clean and clothed. I did find time to make a present for Nancy’s birthday and I’m trying to find time to start yoga again. If I can ever get to a doctor to fix my knee maybe I’ll start running again too. I’m also getting more sleep now that Juliet is only waking up once a night and seems to be working on getting rid of that night feeding too. Hooray! Other than that we’re just trying to enjoy the warm weather here until it’s gone again. We hope everyone has a happy Halloween!
I can't remember why she was so tired here but apparently it had been a very long day.
1 comment:
Here are my favorite things about this post :)
* love the mini-van rental story-- wow! I didn't know you could do that, how rad!
* g-ma nancy is great to babysit 4 you guys...I like the "paint shaker" explanation
* ouch! That sucks about the stolen ATM card. I'm kinda surprised they didn't spend more. But still. How did you figure it out?
* That's so fun that Adri said something in French. That makes her seem so sophisticated. She is practically a woman now in my eyes.
* HAHA! LOVe the explanation of how Juliet picks out her outfits.
* I like yoga too...did we already discuss this? I have a horrible memory in things like this if you didn't know that about me already.
* How cute are those 10 year old boys that want to hold the baby-- LOVE THEM!
The end (finis)
Post a Comment