| I can't remember what Charlotte told me this is supposed to be but it looks pretty important. |
Juliet will ask me every other week or so when we can go to the dentist. Apparently it is her favorite place and this month we had that very special appointment. For me, however, it was a let down because I had a cavity. Or maybe that would be considered a good thing since I got to go BACK to the dentist. I am so lucky.
| Finding a warm spot when the sun isn't shining |
Jason started school this month and was excited to pick it up again. I don't take any classes but I did attend my first ever PTO meeting at the elementary school and presented a plan for fund raising since I hate getting five fund raiser fliers from each kid every week. We'll see how it pans out.
| Luke is getting ready for school by working in his new pre-school book. |
| I got window markers for the kids. I still can't decide if it was a really good idea or a really not good idea. |
While helping Luke get ready to start school is stressful enough for a mom, I also participated in my first consignment sale. I meticulously washed stains out of baby clothes - and there were a lot cuz my kids were spit-uppers - hung them and tagged them. Once at the sale, I was in charge of putting my own stuff on the racks. It should have been fine but my hands were shaking and more than once I considered keeping a few of the items. I looked around wondering how all these other mothers could callously put their precious baby's clothes on a rack for others to buy. Well, now I'm one of them, although I must say I was relieved that not all of my stuff sold and I could go and pick it up once the sale was done. It was a lot of work but I think I'll keep it up since I've got to get rid of all these baby clothes somehow.
| Luke is proud that his nails match his tongue. |
It was a cold month and we had many visitors at our bird feeder.
Adrienne and Juliet performed in the school talent show this month and we loved it! Juliet and a friend performed "Reindeers Are Better Than People" from the movie Frozen, while Adri and a friend performed a shortened version of "Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better" from Annie Get Your Gun. We were very proud and can't wait to see them perform again next year.
Poor Juliet didn't have a working mic for the first part of her song and the video really sucks on both of these but I'm putting them up anyway. Juliet is on the right.
In case you can't tell, Adri is on the left.
| That's a shamrock tattoo on her cheek for St. Patrick's day. |
| It's time to start earning your keep. |
And, of course, the first day of spring announces the first day Rita's is open and giving away free water ice. Even though it's usually pretty cold the first day of spring we don't let that stop us from getting free stuff. Especially if it's delicious.
| Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's flipping you off. |
Quotes:
Annie: Luke, no I don't want you to turn five!
Luke: It's okay because on our birthday we're supposed to turn other numbers. Then we can run faster.
Luke: (at the talent show) I can't wait to watch Adri rock!
Luke: Mom, when I'm a grown-up I'll buy you a real surprise. What kind of things do you like?
1 comment:
I hate fund-raising fliers too! I hope your plan pans out well. I didn't know Jason was going back to school -- sounds good but busy. Good luck with that cavity!
Post a Comment