Jason's work rented out a movie theater for two days and let us pick any movie we wanted to go see, and it didn't hurt that we got free drinks and candy as well. We chose to see Frozen, which the kids all loved, then headed home for Adri and Juliet's gymnastics show. We had to wait for about 45 minutes through other routines until Adri and Juliet took center stage for a full 30 seconds of tumbling, but at least they both got a shiny new medal for participating. That evening we headed to the church to be a part of our ward's Christmas party. This year we did "A Night in Bethlehem." I was in charge of selling dreidels at the toys shop and did my best Yente impression all evening (and when I say "Yente impression" I really mean "an impression of my mom playing Yente in Fiddler on the Roof).
| Petting a calf at the live nativity |
The next day was Sunday and I let all the kids (and Jason) sleep in for a while. When we finally got to church it was just beginning to snow. By the time we left church we were all in serious trouble. Because of slippery roads it took us over 3 hours to get home. Our only salvation was the snickers bar I got for my birthday and a container of cereal we found in the diaper bag. As soon as we got home the kids suited up and played out in the snow for the rest of the evening.
| He could have worn black snow pants but he had to have the ones with suspenders. |
| Traditional snow for breakfast |
My birthday arrived in its usual fashion this year, right on the 11th. I gave myself the gift of being done with my latest This is Mary felt board creation (you may remember the one I made last year) which was a huge relief, as was my decision to discontinue potty training until next year. Jason helped the kids pick out some new socks for me and my in-laws brought over some of my favorite treats to share. I'd say it was a good a day as any to turn 34.
| Christmas art |
Jason arranged a 12am viewing of the new Hobbit movie with some friends. I was disinvited when I suggested we go at a more reasonable time. Everyone who went seemed to enjoy the show and Jason said it was his fourth favorite Lord of the Rings movie.
I finally planned a Christmas gift exchange party this year. I invited a group of my gal pals over for food and presents and cleaned the entire house in preparation. I sent Jason and the kids to Gramma's house and then it started to snow. After the long drive home from church a few days before I was sure this snow would scare everyone out of driving and ruin my party. But my friends proved to me, once again, how awesome they are and nearly everyone risked an awful drive home to attend my party, which rocked.
Adrienne and Juliet had their annual Christmas piano recital and both played wonderfully. It has been so fun having Aunt Jamie for a teacher and Luke is already looking forward to the day he can start his piano lessons.
Luke requested that we visit Longwood Gardens to see the Christmas lights this year. I am NOT a fan of looking at the lights in freezing cold weather but I figured I could oblige just this once. I was then rewarded for my kindness by Mother Nature as the temperature stayed above 60 degrees that night. Perfect.
I continued trying to fix all the appliances in my house but only ended up 1 for 2. The freezer started dripping again which wasn't a problem for me but, for the life of me, I cannot get the toaster oven to work again. Dang it.
| Using our new window markers |
On Christmas eve I took the kids to the childrens' museum to help them forget all their Christmas anticipation. After our trip we headed over to Gramma K's house for dinner with the family. That night I let the kids open some pajamas to wear to bed. Luke accidentally opened his new scooter and was very apologetic and embarrassed so I promised to wrap it up again so he could open it in the morning.
I think everyone got what they wanted this year. The girls got dolls, Luke got a new monster truck, Charlotte got a huge container of yogurt bites (I told her they were from Gramma Joyce and now, whenever I get them out, she yells, "Gramma Joyce!"), I got an umbrella and Jason got some movies.
We had some cousins over for an after-Christmas sleepover. The girls seem to increasingly dislike each other as the evening wears on so next time I might just opt for a pizza party instead.
| "A scooter?! I had no idea!" |
| She had been asking for Cinnamon Toast Crunch all month |
| " A Bobby!" |
| Freezing at Longwood |
| A bunch of apples floatin' around at Longwood |
| New dolls |
| "Gramma Joyce!" |
| Rainbow looms are quite the height of style |
| Merry Christmas! |
| Cheers! |
| Cheers again! |
And finally, some piano recital goodness:
Quotes:
Juliet: Mom and Dad, I love it when you guys hug. You're so cute!
Adrienne: How old are you?
Annie: I'm 34 now.
Adrienne: Wow, you're older than you usually are.
Charlotte: (playing with Barbie) I love you, Daddy.
Jason: I love you Charlotte.
Charlotte: No! You love Bobby (Barbie)!!
Annie: So, we'll all think of something to write for our resolution this year.
Juliet: I don't know what to write!
Annie: You can think about it for a while.
Luke: I'm just going to write my name.
3 comments:
Those arent just any dolls, those are AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS!Youre the best mom ever. I love that Juliet got cinnamon toast crunch. And Jenna got a new scooter too. Maybe she and Luke can ride together in February when we come visit :)
Christmas at Kennett Square! You guys make quite a gorgeous family. Love the recital video.
Your family is so precious, Annie! I just love everything about the Winns!
Post a Comment