At the beginning of January I resolved to write on my blog once a week. The first week went great and then my computer broke. For like 2 months. I had to start reading books again to find ways to fill my time and finished The Robe, Bossypants, and Born Standing Up during the first two weeks. We don't have TV at our house either (that one is on purpose) so it was a good experience for me to get away from the screen for a while.
Without my computer to waste all my time, I threw myself into some Christmas clean up activities like taking down the Christmas tree, but this year was thwarted by my children who claimed that it needed to stay up longer. So we changed it into a Valentine's Day tree by hanging paper hearts on it and buying all the on sale red candy canes at Walmart and hanging those up there, too. It was lovely and Charlotte was very happy that we put so much candy within her reach.
I also had to drag all the kids with me to the dentist so I could get a cavity re-filled. I got my tooth fixed and looked good doing it (as evidenced by the photo below). It was too hilarious not to take a picture of.
And for all of you who didn't know, I had to get a new phone and the phone company wouldn't let me keep my number. So I got a new one that was immediately bombarded by spam texts all weekend long. So I had to get another new number and things seem to be running smoothly now. Let me know if you need the number and didn't get it.
Adrienne lost another tooth this month. This time on MLK Jr. Day. We had some friends over that day and Adri's pal Abi ended up tickling Adri until the tooth fell out. Abi's mom was a little stressed over it but Jason and I were just glad someone was able to get that thing to come out. Adri can be a real chicken when it comes to pulling teeth out.
I feel like Juliet doesn't get a lot written about her these days. It's partly because she's in school so I don't spend as much time with her but I think it's also because she's my most consistent child. She wakes up happy, does what she's told, does her homework, eats her dinner and doesn't complain. She can be a real goof ball at times and loves to make sure Charlotte is happy. She's just a real good kid.
Jason showed the kids the wonders of, what the Winn family calls, boop-de-boop pajamas. We inherited some over sized pj's for the girls but all we could find for Luke was Juliet's old ones. We went to the store the next day to make sure everyone had some footsie pj's that fit and were the appropriate color. Juliet loved hers but ended up with hives the next morning making us think that her new pj's might be made of peanut butter. Turns out they weren't and just needed a good washing. Phew.
Apparently most of the rest of this month was ruled by Charlotte happenings and quotes from Luke.
Charlotte was a PILL for almost every minute of the entire month. She was grumpy all the time and I frequently threatened to sell her (or just give her away) to the circus. At the end of the month she had a check up with the doctor who discovered she had a double ear infection. Youch. Yes, I did feel bad for her month of misery but mostly I was excited that there was a cure to all the grumpy. Although, even with the ear infections Charlotte is our first child, at 18 months, to happily stay in nursery during church. Our other kids took until at least 24 months so this is a miracle for us.
Charlotte has learned to feed herself:
Charlotte was a PILL for almost every minute of the entire month. She was grumpy all the time and I frequently threatened to sell her (or just give her away) to the circus. At the end of the month she had a check up with the doctor who discovered she had a double ear infection. Youch. Yes, I did feel bad for her month of misery but mostly I was excited that there was a cure to all the grumpy. Although, even with the ear infections Charlotte is our first child, at 18 months, to happily stay in nursery during church. Our other kids took until at least 24 months so this is a miracle for us.
Charlotte has learned to feed herself:
For some reason she insists on saying my name in a freaky demon voice:
She loves puddles:
Candy canes:
And bows. She asks for one as soon as she wakes up in the morning. "Inna bow.":
Quotes:
Jason: What flavor is that sucker?
Luke: Hopscotch butter! (butterscotch)
Luke: Mom, get out of town!
Annie: No, I will not!
Luke: Okay, I will stay in this town with you.
Annie: Okay, let's get ready to go read stories.
Luke: I don't want to read stories.
Annie: Okay I'll go practice piano.
Luke: No! I want stories!
(I only know one song and Luke is a little sick of it)
Annie: Okay, I'm ready to go (after packing my purse).
Luke: You got your big bag of money?
Juliet: I can wiggle my eyes!
Luke: (singing) All I want for Christmas is huuuugs!
Jason: Luke, what did you learn about in primary?
Luke: Jesus.
Jason: What about him?
Luke: He is a child of God.
Jason: Are you a child of God?
Luke: No, I'm a kid of God.
Annie: Aahh! Don't kill me!!
Luke: I won't ever kill you, Mom. Pinky promise.
Luke: Dad, let's skedaddle.
Luke: And in the morning my head cock-a-doodle-dooed me so I waked up.
Luke: I need to rest my weary crawler tracks (speaking for his excavator).
Annie: Juliet, don't yell at Adri; that's my job.
Luke: Mom, I love you.
Annie: No, I love YOU!
Luke: Maybe we can both love each other!
Adrienne: Mom, who is the tooth fairy? I know fairies aren't real so is it like a mom or a dad who come and they know when you lose a tooth?
Annie: A mom or a dad? Do you think it's me?
Adrienne: Nah, you would tell me if it was you.
Annie: It's me.
Adrienne: No, it's not!
Annie: It's me.
Adrienne: Really?! No!
Annie: Okay.
Adrienne: Really?!
Luke: (singing N'sync) Yes, yes, yes, here we go! The sink has got the flow!
(this is more funny if you actually listen to N'sync, so mostly this is for Cat and Sara WV)
5 comments:
Is it Cast Away? I haven't seen that movie for more than ten years so I won't be surprised if it's wrong.
Your quotes always crack me up. And I used to listen to N'Sync back in the day so I definitely thought Luke's last quote was funny!
Love the singing in the background on that last video! I just love your kids!
Thank you for the smiles. Can't wait to see those kids all the time!
Abi didn't just help her tooth fall out, she told me she KNOCKED it out! :) My violent little kids!!!
And I love the comment about the big bag of money...makes me picture you with a black burglar mask and a sack with a dollar sign on it :D
You should put this in a database.
Post a Comment