Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

I just went through my camera and I couldn't find even one picture that I took during the month of April.  I feel awful to have gotten so lazy but I did manage to find several videos that I think are quite entertaining.



So here's what happened in April, although you may not believe me because of the lack of photographic evidence. 

When we moved into our house last summer Jason got to work cutting down trees and branches and bushes that we were not interested in keeping.  Unfortunately we did keep them.  He cut them all down and made a giant pile of tree parts in a corner of our backyard.  The squirrels apprecialted it during the winter but now with it being April and all it was high time we got rid fo the pile.  Jason trucked off a few loads and exchanged them for mulch but it didn't seem to make much of a dent in the pile.  In the end (May) we constructed a makeshift fire pit and burned the rest of the branches there.  It was a lot less work than borrowing a truck and hauling them away.



Luke kept me busy this month with potty training (hmmm . . . maybe that's why I didn't take any pictures).  Once it was warm enough I put him in underwear and sent him to play.  We had been gearing up for the big day by reading all sorts of potty training books and talking about Lightning McQueen underwear.  I also had a collection of M&Ms and toy cars to be used as potty treats.  Day 1: He didn't ever get to the potty.  Day 2:  He missed only once and we were off to buy new underwear.  It was hilarious to quote our potty books with him and Juliet if he ever had an accident: Annie:  Oops!  You had an accident!
Luke:  My pants are very wet.
Juliet: That's okay Luke, don't you give up yet!
It seems I gave it a shot at just the right time and he was just ready to make the change.  Phew!  I had been dreading that one for a while.  The only down side is that once we started potty training he tried to give up naps again which led to some hilarious/ridiculous tantrums. Oh well, three down, one to go!


This hilarious tantrum was too long so I had to chop it into part one and two.




Charlotte turned 9 months old in April.  She is in the 5% for weight and height and the 75% for head size.  This makes her sound like a bobble head doll but we'll just stay focused on the positive and say she's got a lots of brains.  Now if only her brain could wrap itself around the idea of not spitting up all the time, that would be just great.  Besides spitting up she is crawling quite a bit and enjoys doing what her sisters do.  She also likes "playing" the piano and splashing in the tub.



Quotes:

Adrienne:  Are we going to be able to hang out in heaven?
Jason:  I sure hope so.  It wouldn't be much fun without you.
Adrienne:  Well, for little while you're going to have to deal with it.

Annie:  Juliet, is Charlotte screaming?  Tell her I'm coming.
Juliet:  Charlotte, I'm coming!
Annie: No, tell her I'm coming.
Juliet:  I did!

Luke:  Mom, I want M&Ms.
Annie:  No, how about a granola bar?
Luke:  No!  M&Ms!  Stop being crazy!

Luke:  (during a tantrum) Juliet, don't you dare go to the potty!!

Luke: (yet another tantrum) I don't want apple juice!  I just want the juice with an apple on it!!

Luke: (upon waking up with a messy diaper) Why can't I go on the potty?!

Luke: (upon seeing the UPS truck) Look!  It's a hot chocolate truck!


3 comments:

cat.janer said...

hhahahahhahahaghlsgalkaslkjjslg oh geez that video of luke is nuts! My side seriously hurts. It's so haaaaaaaard to be a Luke! I don't want it BY me! These are awesome. I love Adri telling Jason to "deal with it".

Stacy said...

These videos were awesome.

Stacy said...

And the quote is from Zoolander. Joseph repeats that particular line quite often.