Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's got raisins in it . . . you like raisins.


I'm not in the mood for typing so I'll hit the highlights of November real quick and then you can enjoy the pictures. Videos to come.
Juliet gave a talk about being reverent in primary. It was her first talk in our new ward and it went very well. Much better than the primary program where she was bored out of her mind and kept lifting up her dress. Sigh . . . She has been very inquisitive about words she doesn't understand and will ask me, usually while I'm in the middle of talking to someone, what everything means. Which is funny because it makes me realize how many words I know but have a hard time defining.




Charlotte loves to coo. She blows raspberries all day long. She swats at toys and rolls from front to back, but I'm pretty sure that is mostly by accident as she seems surprised by it every time. She continues to HATE the tub but is pretty content in all other areas. She is in the 3rd% for weight (almost 11lbs), 5th% for height, and 50th% for head size. So a tiny kid with a big, fat head. That's just how we grow 'em in this family.

Charlotte's newest trick


Adrienne is doing well in school as evidenced by our recent parent teacher conference. It must be noted that I was a lone parent with four kids and I totally got there on time. Adrienne is in the accelerated reading group and dreams of being a rock star one day.

Adrienne: future rock star


Luke continues to confuse me. He isn't eating well and only wants granola bars and milk now. I keep reminding him that he does in fact like the food I serve him but to no avail. He is doing his best to quit naps so he has been much grouchier than normal. So far it seems to be a phase as I have been able to convince him to take several naps this week.

Luke and the neighbor's dog Roman.
This is the dog I often refer to as a small horse. Burmese Mountain dogs are huge, man.


We had a nice Thanksgiving but I bought way too much food. I usually don't make enough food at Winn gatherings so I decided to go crazy this time. Unfortunately, no one told me that half of the guests decided not to show up and that half that did show up would not like what I had made. I have devoured nearly all of the 10lbs of delicious cranberry sauce that was left over, and I have a freezer full of green beans. I have learned my lesson well: when making food for Winns, make it from a can and make sure Karen Slaugh is available to help you make the rolls.

Traditional childrens' Thanksgiving hats



It's getting cold and I'm not excited to be stuck inside with no car for an undetermined number of months. Cute babies can only get you so far before you start to get cabin fever.


Here is our basement. I'm hoping that this ridiculous number of toys and tents will help keep us entertained all winter long.






Quotes:


Luke: pananio (piano)

Juliet: (during nightly prayer) Please bless that when I die I won't be so itchy.

Annie: Oh, bless her heart! (on Stephanie Meyers' requirement that Twilight movies be rated PG-13)

Luke: I want Grape Nuts, every single one!

Luke: I want to see Adri ALIVE!

Annie: Luke, shush.
Luke: I wanna cry about it!

Luke: I want my milk, ALIVE!

Annie: Is that all you want your life to be about is watching shows and eating candy?
Adrienne: And coloring. And swimming. And practicing piano. And playing with Jolie's kitties.

Annie: It was hard work making you. While you were in my tummy you made me barf all the time. I even barfed on a bus!
Adrienne: On a bush?
Annie: No, a bus . . . and a bush.

(Previous quote: Back to the Future II, Winner: Okay, I'll give it to you, Jamie)

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Lots of cuteness going on here. I wish we could raise kids near each other. I think I could learn a lot from you on how to be awesome. :)

The Boys Rule said...

A giant teddy bear, bigger than you. Better off Dead, one of my all time favorite movies! Baby Charlotte is such a cutie. Am I ever going to meet her in person and stick her hand and foot in some goo?

Alixa said...

Charlotte is very cute! Also, amen on the cooking for Winn's comment. Its so hard to make nice food for them because they wont eat it! I feel your pain.

cat.janer said...

Why are there so many tents?! I love Adri's rockinest rockstar pic. And I hate dying when I'm itchy. You barfed on a BUSH?

Jamie and JD said...

That's right you'll give it to me! And let me point out that you DID make an absurd amount of cranberry sauce. What is it even for? I'm glad you enjoyed it though.

Ann said...

You look GREAT, Annie, and my boys want to play in your basement and your leaves. They're already sick of snow.