Where was I? Ah, September. The weather was pleasant the whole month through so Jason was good enough to cut down some more of the bushes around the house. I decided to take over the task of mowing the lawn. Not that Jason wasn't up to the job but I liked the idea of getting out of the house, being outside and not having to worry about the kids. I remember being told not to do too much physical activity after having a baby because your joints are still very loose. I never fully understood what that meant until now. I figured I'd just be more flexible or something. No, no, it means that if you work them too hard your hips will ache for weeks. Mowing the lawn is apparently strenuous enough to make me feel very achy/old. There are bonuses to mowing the lawn though. We live on a corner lot and apparently our yard is a magnet for golf balls, lacrosse balls and garbage. So far I have found 8 golf balls, 3 lacrosse balls, 4 bottles and 3 cans. Score!
My new best friend (the bjorn, not the baby) and me.
Adrienne is enjoying being back in school again - even if she says she's not. She has eaten a jam sandwich for lunch every day this month. I now feel my mother's pain as I have to pack a lunch every morning since kids related to me do not want to eat school lunch. Adri's reading has already improved and she has told me several heart-warming stories of how nice she is to other kids at school.
Luke, Maddie, Juliet and Adri
Juliet, doing her favorite thing
Juliet is free to use the computer during Luke's naps now that Adri is out of the way. She is practicing reading and counting and doing very well. She is a very competent speller as well proven by the fact that she can hold her own in a spelling contest with Adri. Juliet uses a pencil and paper and Adri uses the magnet letters on the fridge while I am in charge of calling out the spelling word. Juliet won the round with the word 'pumpkin,' spelling it 'pumkin.' Not bad.
Luke has figured out that he is two. And he is very good at it. He is beginning to be less adorable and more frustrating. Mostly because the only things he ever wants to eat are Grape Nuts or waffles. I'm not sure if I should feel bad for only feeding him those things or for occasionally denying him those things, since that means he just won't eat. I've heard stories that Jarom would only eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches until he was 18 or something, so I guess I should feel happy that I have two things that Luke will eat instead of just one.
Charlotte had been giving me so much grief with her screaming and not nappingness that a friend took pity on me and loaned me her baby Bjorn. It has been a lifesaver. Charlotte will fall asleep there and I can still have my hands free to make jam sandwiches and waffles. Don't get me wrong, she still screams a lot. In fact, we're sure she would grow if she stopped using all her calories to scream. I tried to go to a movie night at a friends house and she screamed. Jason tried to give her a baby blessing and she screamed - a very frustrating situation for the blesser. She is slowing down though, I believe. I have also figured out how to put her to sleep better: cover her eyes! It's amazing the tricks I've had to learn with this baby. I also thought I was very clever when I put her on my bed and then bounced her up and down so she would think I was still rocking her. Apparently every mother alive has done that with at least one child because everyone I've told just laughs at their own memory of doing the exact same thing. Charlotte is smiling more and starting to coo which is so much better than that other thing she does. (P.S. her tests from the hospital all came back clean so no more worries about her health - which is kind of too bad because we were sort of hoping to have something on which to blame the screaming.)
The Four Winns at Charlotte's baby blessing
All 13 of the Winn cousins just happened to be in town for the blessing so we got a picture for Gramma and Grampa.
Charlotte is happy:
Luke attempts a handstand:
Quotes:
Adrienne: This is sucky candy. (referring to a jolly rancher)
Luke: Help me, I'm too stuck!
Luke: Can I have more lotion?
Annie: No.
Luke: I said YES!
Annie: Juliet, you're a good girl. Do you know that?
Juliet: Yeah. And I'm better than Adri, right?
Annie: I didn't know you could count to 50!
Juliet: Me neither.
Adrienne: Mom, guess how long we got for Pat Time on Friday?
Annie: What is Pat Time?
Adrienne: Uuh, I can't remember but I know it's fun. I think it's fun. Well, I can't really remember if it's fun.
Annie: So you don't know what it is or if it's fun but you want me to guess how long it took?
Adrienne: Yes. 3 minutes and 19 seconds!
(update: I'm still unclear as to what Pat Time is)
Jason: You only have a couple of minutes left to play and then you have to get out of the tub.
Adrienne: Quick, Juliet, play faster!
Jason: Do you want waffles?
Luke: Not waffles!
Jason: Do you want to take a nap?
Luke: No, I want waffles.
Juliet: (naming body parts as she washes them) My arms, my legs, where a belt goes . . .
Luke: Best mom ever!
Luke: Mommy and Daddy and Lukey, best friends.
Juliet: Can I have one of those cars?
Luke: Yeah. You want pink or red? (actual colors were blue and brown)
(Previous quote: Splash, Winner: Cat Janer)
3 comments:
I am loving these vids and these quotes. And these babies. Miss everybody.
I'm so glad you got a Baby Bjorn. I love mine, too. I can't believe Juliette can spell and write already! Your kids are so bright!
It's from Clue! One of my favorite movies. And I love that picture of all the kids on Charlotte's baby blessing day. Adorable. Just remember, she can't scream forever, even if it feels like it.
Post a Comment