Weight: 6 lbs 9 oz, Height: 19 in
Okay, so I had been trying to time contractions for about a week. Trying very unsuccessfully. I had been planning on getting to the hospital as soon as I was sure it was the real thing to allow myself plenty of time to get an epidural before I was in too much pain. Tuesday night (the 26th) was the most consistent my contractions had ever been but, by the time I went to bed they seemed to have stopped. At about 2am I woke up to a strong contraction. I timed a few and then got up to use the bathroom, except on the way there my water broke. That was a first for me. I started putting my shoes on and getting my hospital bag as Jason groggily woke up and asked what I was doing. "Yeah, we've gotta go. Now." I commanded.
With my mom in charge of the kids we left to the hospital and started Jason's favorite part of pregnancy: speeding with a good reason. He sped and ran red lights as safely as possible and we arrived at the hospital at about 3am. My favorite part was when I called the doctor to tell her I was in labor. I talked to her nurse and said I'm in labor and I'm on my way to the hospital. To which she responded, "Are you pregnant?" Seriously, for what other reason does your body go into 'labor' causing you to call your obgyn at 3 in the morning?
After answering thousands of questions I was finally started on fluids. This is my least favorite part. I was already having very strong contractions when I arrived and now I was going to have to sit and watch that iv bag empty until anyone would give me drugs. I was dilated to 4cm once I started the iv and quickly progressed to a 7. All I could say was, "I can't do it! I can't do it without drugs! I NEED DRUGS!" I'm pretty sure everyone in the hallways thought it was hilarious. The nurses were awesome and were able to calm me down until my epidural was ready.
Jason helped me stay steady but it must be mentioned that he did almost pass out this time around. I guess the needles look scarier every time.
What I look like after a good two hours of sleep and and birthing a baby. I chose the best one. I promise, there were MUCH worse photos.
After making me wait until two days before my due date, baby Chairy needed no persuasion to get out of the womb. After a great deal of pushing she was born at 5:42am, making this my shortest labor ever (just under 4 hours). She weighed in at 6lbs 9oz and was 19 inches long. As soon as she came out she screamed and didn't stop until I fed her and then she fell asleep for the rest of the day. The nurses guessed that she knew she was a the fourth child and would have to make some noise if she wanted to be heard. I agree.
Adrienne, doing her favorite thing in the whole world: holding a new baby
I've gotta get her a new shirt.
The hospital stay was great. They had movies and TV and internet and chocolate ice cream. Plus, I got a few visits from some of my very favorite people. The kids all seem to love their new sister and she seems to tolerate all the attention very well.
Notice our homework assignment on the board behind my mom.
We took our sweet time agreeing on a name (no, baby Chairy is NOT her official name despite some rumors on facebook). Jason liked Elise, I liked Charlotte. Then somehow the name Charlise got suggested and threw a wrench into the whole thing. I won in the end and baby Charlotte Adelle was named . . . until a few days later when Jason decided he wanted to change her middle name to Ann. Now we've got some paperwork to do before that's official.
Tiny bundle
She's still quite a screamer and isn't quite down with the whole 'awake during the day and sleep at night' thing but we love her tiny little self and are thankful she is finally here.
Jason, Annie and the Four Winns.(See, I DON'T need to change the name of my blog. It was foreshadowing, people!)
(Previous quote: Ghost Town, Winner: Me - you guys took too long)
13 comments:
I've been waiting so long for Mr. Ventura to make his appearance. I couldn't be happier.
I confess, I thought you might actually name her Chairy. And every time I've seen you mention her, I have "Connect the dots, la la la" going through my head all day, and my kids think I'm nuts because they never saw Pee Wee's Playhouse.
Very cute baby girl you have -- I love her hair and her little smile. I'm glad she is here AND that you got an epidural in time.
Ok, I thought it was Predator...
And she is GUH-orgeous!
She is beautiful, Annie. My older sister was almost named Charlotte (the first two were Anne and Emily and my mom wanted to finish out the Bronte sister theme) before they named her Catherine instead. And I still think about changing Toby's middle name...
Yay! Congratulations! She is a little doll, your photoshoot looks great! What a beautiful family! :)
Congratulations! Charlotte is so precious. Great name too. Also, her name is in one of my favorite quotes: "It's not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer. Charlotte was both."
Congrats!! Three girls and a boy, how fun! She is beautiful! Did you move back to our old ward? Best of luck with everthing, new baby, new house, new school year...full day. So good to see what you are up to!
oh...cute, I thought I was logged in as me...guess not...that's not from jared...it's from me.
Ali
Holy Cute Baby! Congratulations! You should probably keep her, but if you decide not to I will take her:) Have fun, and good luck.
Congrats Annie! Your new buddle of joy is beautiful, but that's not hard to believe seeing as all your other kiddos are too! Best of luck :)
I miss baby Chairy.
Man, you've got good lookin' kids! Felicitations encore et encore!
Post a Comment