March was full of firsts and seconds and thirds for us: Adrienne's first play, our second house and our third . . . well, you'll see.
Adri played The Very Busy Spider in the play of the same name. She had no lines but spun her web like a pro. No, I did not make her costume. If I had I surely would not have suggested that she wear a stupid red baseball cap.
Luke likes to do everything that Juliet does. For example, laying down on the floor and covering his eyes. After this picture I believe I told Juliet to start bonking herself in the face just to see if Luke would. He did.
The kids and I kept busy by visiting museums, the library and parks, as usual. In good weather I have made a habit of requesting an early dismissal from school for Adrienne so she can join us. If her school were any closer to home I'd probably take her early every day just for the heck of it.
Jason and I kept on the look-out for houses that suited our fancy and I was able to find one that looked like a keeper. We visited a couple of times, offered what we thought was a lot less than the asking price and, miraculously, our offer was accepted and we are expecting to move in during the end of June. The house isn't old and we are buying it from the original owners, a gramma and grampa who took great care of the house and even finished the basement for us. There is a dog the size of a small horse living across our backyard so the kids could not be more excited. They often mention they are thankful for that dog during their evening prayers. Since the house is in Pennsylvania we will be moving back into our previous ward so we'll already have friends at church (Jason and I aren't what you'd call social butterflies), and there is a brand new elementary school for Adrienne to attend. Sounds pretty good to me.
We also had an ultrasound for our very small baby and found out we are expecting another girl! We were kind of hoping for a matching set of boys but, the more Luke eats and climbs on stuff the more content I am with three girls. Jason was only upset because now he and Luke will be outnumbered - well, that and the fact that Luke was wearing skinny jeans and some of his nails were painted that day. We are still not set on a name so if you have any good ones, send 'em our way (made-up names need not apply).
The bad news for this month was that we forgot to paint ram's blood on our door frame which led to all the males in our house to contracting strep throat. JD passed it to Jason and Jason to Luke (okay, Ethan didn't get it but that kind of ruined the story). Jason slept for nearly two days until the drugs started to kick in. Poor Luke with his limited vocabulary had a rough night before we took him to the doctor, mostly complaining "I don't want to!" Lucky for us everyone made a full recovery and there has been no sign of further plagues.
Though I am admittedly a humbug for most holidays for some reason I do insist that all of my children wear green on St. Patrick's Day. This year I had some green tattoos and used them to decorate faces. Adri and Juliet got simple shamrocks. Unfortunately, Luke got the big tattoo and I was unable to wash it off for several days. At least it was clear to everyone that he was, in fact, 'O'dorable'.
Quotes:
Luke: I didded it!, Ready, set, go!, I saw a truck!, I don't want to! (Yeesh, you'd think this boy had never heard French before.), Jump on the bed (thanks for that one, Jenna)
Annie: Why do you have so many boogers in your nose?
Juliet: Because that's what noses are for!
Adri: It was Dr. Seuss' birthday today!
Jason: Do you know who Dr. Seuss is?
Adri: I don't know. I think he's the doctor at our school.
Jason: Adri, stop telling Juliet what to do!
Adri: Well, if I was a mom I could . . .
Jason: No! You're not her mom!
Adri: Well, if I was a babysitter I could . . .
Juliet: Mom, mind your own business!
Juliet: You did it! (a puzzle)
Adri: No, we did it! Actually, I did it.
Adri: You don't know.
Annie: I know EVERYTHING!
Adri: Mom, in real life you don't know everything, but you know half way through.
Juliet: No, Jesus knows everything!
Annie: What was your favorite part of the play? I like the part where she spun the web.
Juliet: No, SPAN the web. Spun doesn't make any sense.
Juliet: (to a boy in the museum) We can share! Sharing means we take turns.
And finally, some videos. There is nothing particularly interesting about them except that I think it's funny watching Luke play with dinosaurs in a pink castle. And how he says, "What?" And how he can't say 'dinosaur'.
(Previous quote: 17 Again, Winner: Scuba Steve)
5 comments:
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
You're coming back to our ward?!?!?! I am SOOO excited! Abi will be so happy to hear that too! Where is your new place? We need to get together soon, it's been way too long!
Annie, your kids are so dang cute! I can't believe that plays like that are for real back East. I always thought they were made up for movie and/or TV commercial purposes. Too cute! Did you have to make her costume?
Congrats on three girls!
Hooray for you! A new house and another girl! What perfect odds if i do say so myself! While it did make the rooming odds slightly less favorable for the girls than the boy...it all works out in the end. :) Congratulations! Now when they finish that temple, we will know where to find you...I hope they hurry, i'm dying to come see everyone, including a new darling baby winn!
LOVEEEEEEEEEE reading your blog posts! You are so witty and clever. I feel like a lame-o when I read it sometimes. You always were the clever one though. Congrats about the baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excitin. Love your kids cute quotes. Can't decide which of your kids is my fave yet.....I'll let you know.
Post a Comment