Monday, December 13, 2010

How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read... if they can't even fit inside the building?

As for the rest of November . . .

We played outside until it was too cold to do so. Despite many sicknesses, everyone is well again and Jason and I even managed to go out and see a movie.



The girls are both getting better at reading and writing. Juliet has started reading and can even spell a little. It is very impressive and we love to listen to her sound things out.





Even though he can't read Luke loves books, especially ones with butterflies or things that say 'quack.' His most favorite thing is Dinosaur Train. It's a show on PBS and we have even gone so far as to put our little toy dinosaurs on the trains on his train table. It is his favorite game and he will ask for it by name and cry about it when you tell him it's time to go to bed or leave the trains.



I was questioning my pregnancy in the beginning because I usually don't know I am pregnant until the day I start to feel sick. This time I spent about a week and a half NOT being any kind of sick. I was very excited but so uncertain I even thought about buying another pregnancy test. Soon enough there was no need for that. I am winded after sweeping the floor and I must feed the beast every two hours if I don't want to get queasy. I had a few really bad days but now I'm back to a tolerable level of nausea and I'm looking forward to these feelings subsiding in two to four months. Wahoo.



Luke find out how to help Mom after she throws up.

As is the tradition in our family, one person is given the responsibility of naming the fetus. It was Juliet's turn and she chose 'Cherry.' Well either that or 'Chair-y' because she was looking at a chair when she said it and she tends to be very literal and she also suggested 'Fly-ie.' I'm going to go with Cherry for now.



Quotes:

Annie: There's Jarom and Lixi.
Juliet: No, Jarom and A-lixi.

Juliet: Ta da! What do you think? I'm all fanced up! (fanced up= fancy)

Juliet: Luke, don't touch the potty cuz it's nice and gross!

Annie: And we'll go to the library on Tuesday.
Juliet: And Threesday?

Annie: (Blah, blah, something about birthdays)
Adrienne: What if we died on our birthday?!
Juliet: What if we died on the table?!

Annie: And then Luke gets to go to nursery!
Luke: Yea!!

Juliet: J'ai vomis. (I threw up.)

Juliet: Knock, knock.
Annie: Who's there?
Juliet: Banana.
Annie: Banana who?
Juliet: Banana peel!

Juliet: It was turned backwards so I put it rightwards.

Adrienne: I want to be a bus driver when I grow up.
Annie: Why?
Adrienne: Because you get to drive and tell people what to do.
Juliet: I want to be a dad.

Adrienne: Is it going to hurt to push a baby out?
Annie: Yes. It hurts like the dickens. Unless you have medicine.
Adrienne: (thinks for a moment) I want medicine.
Juliet: Me, too.
(Adri also asked to borrow my maternity pants when she gets pregnant)

Adrienne: (in the tub) Number one: I have to find the orange and black frog toy. Number two: I have to find the biggest bubble and pop it. Number three: Then I will play Billy Goats Gruff. Number 4: Then I will play stir your brew . . .

Juliet: I changed my mind. I don't want to be a dad when I grow up. I want to be a mom.
Annie: Why?
Juliet: So I can . . . make breakfast.

Annie: Luke seems to like babies a lot more than Juliet did.
Juliet: That's because babies can't talk. I only like people who can talk.


(Previous quote: 21, Winner: Hillary)

P.S. Here are each of my kids singing a weird/made-up song. Luke is trying to say, "Dinosaur train! Rawr!!"



(Previous quote: 21, Winner: cousin Hillary)

9 comments:

Jamie and JD said...

Too Easy.... Zoolander

Josh and Emma said...

Annie, can you delete Jamie's comment?? I actually know the answer to this one!!

I love your November quotes! Luke's 'rawr' is the best :)

Alixa said...

I feel the same as Emma. Except delete hers too. Zoolander

Gage said...

Hey Congrats on being pregnant. I must have missed the previous post but that is super exciting.

joyce said...

Winn children are very wonderful.

cat.janer said...

I have watched these 7 million times.

Mama Winn said...

That's a lot of times, Cat. I watched them once, but I enjoyed them very much.

Alixa said...

I hate to be naggy, but it has been over a month since a post and I must tell you I am a bit disappointed in your delinquent behavior. I dont care if you are puking. We need a post.

Ali Howell said...

It's been a while since i checked in, and i'm just amazed by how big your kids are getting. Juliet reading??? wow, and luke is such a big guy! Adri is the the cuteset strawberry shortcake ever, And a baby on the way...just on schedule! :) I'm so happy for you. I hope the puking eases up soon...what a bummer! Say Hi to everyone at your house for us!