Thursday, April 9, 2009

He's so famous that he's INfamous!

Okay, I'm talking about March here so don't get confused.

Once we arrived home from the vacation mentioned in my previous blog I enjoyed some late Christmas presents. I love late Christmas presents because it's like someone has sent you a present for St. Patrick's Day and you're all, "What the blarny?" But it is still super awesome. My brother drew my name at Christmas but is infamous for sending your gift super late if you live in, say, Pennsylvania. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent gloves, hat and scarf set he sent me. Good show. My dad sent me a new lens for my camera and I LOVE it. When I first ordered my new DSLR I only ordered the body and had to use my old lens in order to take pictures. My dad's old lens is far superior to mine so he sent it to me and it has been awesome taking pictures without an odd, robot-like sound emitting from the lens every time I try to focus. All in all, I'd say I made out like a bandit for Second Christmas.

Jason and Juliet about to leave for the Sadie Hawkins dance


After all the stress of being on vacation and having such a great second Christmas my age began to show. While brushing my hair one morning I was thrilled to find my first white hair. Not gray, but white! I've always wanted to have white hair instead of grey. Perhaps my wish will come true. I plucked my new treasure and put it . . . somewhere . . . I thought I was going to keep it but it's lost now. I'm sure I'll find more after I have three kids.


Speaking of three kids (Adrienne, Juliet and Jason), we went to IKEA and decided to get them a tent. For me that store is better than Disney Land. The girls spend hours there and never get bored. Lucky for me I don't ever get bored there either AND there are plenty of places for me to sit down - which is something I like to do a lot lately.





We also had some old friends, Richard and Catherine, come to town to visit. I suggested we get together at a friend's home rather than a restaurant. Since Richard and Catherine left everyone in our circle of friends has increased their family number by one or we made them feel awkward enough that they moved away (sorry Thayne and Melissa). We had a great time and Richard even gave us a mini report on Dubai (where they live now). I made everyone pose for pictures and Jason was not happy about it. The girls got to stay up until about 10pm so they didn't really care what was going on.


Sheena, Annie, Becky, Catherine and Arielle


Jason, Richard, Curtis, Jay and Rick


As the weather gets warmer the girls and I are venturing outside as often as we can. And as my friends are getting pregnanter I am offering my services to anyone who wants to go to the doctor without their children in tow. It's the only service I feel like I can offer since I rarely have use of the car and even if I did I would get lost on the way to anyone's house if I were to come visit them. It has worked out well so far and I really love having a friend over for Adri to play with. Not only do I not have to feel obligated to play Barbies, I am free to do other things around the house that I deem more urgent than playing Barbies.




Other than that the girls filled the month with the hilarious things they say and do. Adri volunteered to give a prayer in Primary for the first time. As far as first public prayers go, hers was fantastic. It was something along the lines of being thankful we could pray, being thankful we could help Juliet go on the potty and help us to get home safely. Classic. I then invited all interested parties to come to our house after church to help with the potty training which, for the record, hasn't actually started yet.


Teaching Juliet how to use the pedals



Besides praying for her sister's potty training success, Adri is showing an increased interest in animals. I assume she gets that from me. Anyone who knows me from way back when knows that I love animals. When we would play house I would want to be the dog. Seriously. I kept all my animal toys and all my Zoobooks from 20ish years ago and now Adri is enjoying all the same things I did, minus being the dog when playing with her friends. Gramma Nancy got her her very own subscription to Zoobooks as well and now she asks to read them every day and every night instead of bedtime stories.



Juliet still astounds us with her vocabulary and her correct grammar. It's enough to make two grammar Nazis very proud. She's only 20 months old (at least she was in March) for cryin' out loud! She says stuff like "It's freezy outside, Mommy" and "Does Daddy want some applesauce? Daddy, do you want some applesauce?" It's amazing and hilarious to hear such complete sentences coming out of her mouth. And she isn't even confused by all her new nicknames. We started with Juju then stretched it out to Jubee-jubee-ju and other such nonsense. She doesn't seem to mind and answers to them all.


I don't think anything much changed for Jason in March so I'll end with a few quotes from Adri.




During our vacation right before Jason shaved his stupid/handlebar moustache he asked Adri what she thought of it. She said she didn't like it so he asked if he should shave it off. She replied, "Don't shave it all off or you'll look like a mom." At least she just said 'a mom' and not me specifically because that would be weird.

After our vacation the kids were very tired and it's really challenging to get Adri to ever take a nap. Sometimes we talk about obeying our parents being one of the things that Jesus wants us to do. With that in mind she asked me, "Does Jesus want me to take a nap?" I'm sure He did.

7 comments:

The Boys Rule said...

Annie, I think you would look fabulous with a stupid/handlebar moustache. You should grow one before jr. arrives. Please post some pictures.

Catherine said...

I made it on the blog, woohoo! Adri helping Juliet in those pictures...so DARLING!!!! I love those little princesses.

cat.janer said...

A. I love that Sadie Hawkins picture.
B. Don't act like that Zoobooks subscription was for Adri. It was for you and you know it.
C. Angela! Samantha!
D. Your quote is from The Three Amigos. And I am so glad.

Becky said...

A few things...

Curtis looked at the picture and was shocked at how short he is. He kept telling himself we just have very tall friends.

Second, you have strands of white? I have clumps of white. Ugh... Let the oldness set in!

The Calder Family said...

I do know that line! It's from 3 Amigos...

Ann said...

You look so good pregnant, it's hardly fair!

Thayne Cullimore said...

Maybe you forgot, but we also added a new member. We now have two Chinchillas.